Lehman's Bankruptcy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
    high probability the svb collapse is lehman 2.0.
    Lehman, when they collapsed, was the third or fourth largest investment bank. Like a 60-70b market cap in 2007,
    SVB pre collapse had what, 5b? Lehman was the largest corporate bankruptcy in America.

I’m surprised so many people keep saying this is akin to the Lehman sitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
      And who keeps over $250k in personal savings in one bank?
      People with $450 million, like Roku.

τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post

Come on. That would only require spreading it out over 1800 banks.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by fusnik View Post

Lehman, when they collapsed, was the third or fourth largest investment bank. Like a 60-70b market cap in 2007,
          SVB pre collapse had what, 5b? Lehman was the largest corporate bankruptcy in America.

I’m surprised so many people keep saying this is akin to the Lehman sitch.
          Aren't you over 40? I'm surprised you are still using words like sitch and probs.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post

Crazy they didn’t put it somewhere other than a deposit account. They deserve to lose most of it just for being stupid.
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

https://mobile.twitter.com/danprimac...57791345934337

LOL, the 1 black caused the leadership of SVB to be distracted!

DeSantis parrots this line of thought.

Racism much?

Comment

A potential service provider gave me a presentation to review. The last slide has the logos of the companies that use the service, complete with Apple, Walmart, etc. Then, near the bottom is the Silicon Valley Bank logo . I’m considering not telling them…

ftr, it’s a risk management type of service, which makes it funnier
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                  A potential service provider gave me a presentation to review. The last slide has the logos of the companies that use the service, complete with Apple, Walmart, etc. Then, near the bottom is the Silicon Valley Bank logo . I’m considering not telling them…

ftr, it’s a risk management type of service, which makes it funnier

Comment

Working...
                  X