Pickleball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    I don't know how to play it and I've never even seen a game played. Am I an outlier?
    I would say, as a sports fan and i assume a middled aged dude that has or does participate in sports, you are an outlier.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

I don't know how to play it and I've never even seen a game played. Am I an outlier?
      PB is a blast. You should try it.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
        I would say, as a sports fan and i assume a middled aged dude that has or does participate in sports, you are an outlier.
        Mama was wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
          Maybe in Utah or Idaho. The US? No way.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
            Yeah, I think certain areas of the west have a lot more exposure. It's tough to find a court here in TX, unless you join one of those high falootin' tennis clubs.
            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Just like Mama Diddley always told me. You're just not special, Bo. You're pretty average.
              Huh. My brother told me I am unique. Just like everybody else.
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                First time I played was in WA, but I will concede your point. May be something to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

Signed up for my first tournament. I really don't know what to expect, and my playing partner is nervous about it, so we sand-bagged it a bit and signed up for 3.5.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                    Signed up for my first tournament. I really don't know what to expect, and my playing partner is nervous about it, so we sand-bagged it a bit and signed up for 3.5.
                    My BiL signed up for a local city tournament with my teen niece and won. Good luck! As long as you're having fun - that's all the matters...right?

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post

My BiL signed up for a local city tournament with my teen niece and won. Good luck! As long as you're having fun - that's all the matters...right?
                      Yes - having fun is all that matters. And winning.
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                        Every tournament is different.

As a general rule:

The big tournaments everyone places down a level so a 3.5 tournament is really a 4.0.
                        The smaller tournaments everyone plays up so 3.5 is really 3.0.

Easiest way to see where you sit is to find the competitive groups in your city and see how well you play. There’s a huge number of folks who travel all over the country playing PB tournaments and they’ll be able to tell you right where you fit.

Comment

I played pick up Pickleball at a club in Orem this morning. I played against and with a guy that looked vaguely familiar, but I couldn’t figure out where. Good player. Sneaky good serve. As I was leaving, I realized it was Cougjunkie. Sorry for blowing that lead, Junkie.

Comment

Working...
                          X