Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Golf Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Got my new clubs yesterday - went to the range today - and the clubs are great. I hit 50 balls and 45 of them were right online - and on target. Even the 4 and the 5 were straight - and those are my worst clubs to hit - as I hook them easily - but I noticed in the specs that the 4 and 5 are 3* flatter lie than the other irons - and takes my hook out - and I end up hitting them straight. Going to play on Monday if I have the time.

    When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

    Comment


    • I ordered 4-w and a 52* tri-metal wedge. Turns out the PW is 44* and that gives me an 8* gap in my yardage - which equates to 35 yards. I hit the PW an easy 120 - and the 52* is bang on 85 yards. So yesterday I called New Level and explained the situation and they are going to take a 50* and bend it to a 48* face and I'll have the gap wedge I need. Only $147.

      Other than that - these clubs are the bomb. I can't believe how straight I hit them.

      When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
      -Mid Summer's Night Dream

      Comment


      • Anyone know which two americans are in the olympics?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
          Anyone know which two americans are in the olympics?
          Men? Don't know. I know Danielle Kang is represented the women.

          Edit: Looks like the Korda sisters are going too.

          For the men, its Bryson, JT, Morikawa and Schauffele.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

          "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

          Comment


          • In all seriousness, I’ll be golfing at Hobble Creek on Saturday, mid-morning. My expected playing partner texted tonight and had to cancel because his son’s little league baseball team advanced further than anticipated and now has a game on Saturday. If someone here wants to join me, shoot me a DM. Round is on me, as I prepaid for a twosome. I’m sure they’ll pair us with some other twosome, and I’m sure when we make the turn we’ll get stuck behind some slow group they just sent off the back, because Utah golf, amirite?
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
              In all seriousness, I’ll be golfing at Hobble Creek on Saturday, mid-morning. My expected playing partner texted tonight and had to cancel because his son’s little league baseball team advanced further than anticipated and now has a game on Saturday. If someone here wants to join me, shoot me a DM. Round is on me, as I prepaid for a twosome. I’m sure they’ll pair us with some other twosome, and I’m sure when we make the turn we’ll get stuck behind some slow group they just sent off the back, because Utah golf, amirite?
              Hey Brother Uthole - what shaft do you have in your MOD B-1's? Did I tell you I ended up getting the 4-PW with Fujikura Pro 75 gram - and got a 48* and a 52* Tri Weight wedges with the same shaft. I got them - ranged them three times - injured my back (badly) and have yet to play a round with them.

              Hobbles my favorite - first place I ever played back in 1973.

              When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
              -Mid Summer's Night Dream

              Comment


              • Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post

                Hey Brother Uthole - what shaft do you have in your MOD B-1's? Did I tell you I ended up getting the 4-PW with Fujikura Pro 75 gram - and got a 48* and a 52* Tri Weight wedges with the same shaft. I got them - ranged them three times - injured my back (badly) and have yet to play a round with them.

                Hobbles my favorite - first place I ever played back in 1973.
                I just have a standard True Temper stiff. I haven’t gone to graphite yet for irons. I’m headed there, tho. I love these clubs so much. So much more forgiving than the CG-16 Tours I’ve been playing for the last 7 years.

                How do you like the wedges? I really love my Cleveland RTX cavity back 56. I switched to a forged RTX for about a month last summer but just never got comfortable with it beyond 30 yards. It was in my head. So I went back to this one.
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                Comment


                • Remember - back out - haven't played actual round - but have hit about 100 balls at the range with the wedges. The wedges are my favorite thing about the clubs - I hit them so consistently on the range I was able to ascertain the gap between the 44* and the 52* in three hits of each. It was like a no-brainer to custom order the 48* from them to the exact specs of my set. Actually - truth be told - I'm going to order the 60* and have it bent to 59* - I bet I'll full swing it only 60 yards - but it'll be used mostly around the greens.

                  I'm just as pleased with my PING 425 MAX driver - At 62 - I still have enough juice in the swing to pop it 260 on the fly. And it has a nice natural draw flight - and a nice open stance bunt-fade if needed.

                  My life is about to change bigtime - I'm going to start golfing 4 times a week if my back holds up. But golfing will help me lose the pandemic weight gain - I hope - and get me back in game shape.

                  When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                  -Mid Summer's Night Dream

                  Comment


                  • This to-do about Bryson’s driver is entertaining. The old saying that the problem is with the Archer, not the Arrow comes to mind.

                    but seeing the specs on his driver is crazy. 46 inches long, 5 degree of loft. He is hitting with club head speeds of 135 mph. Cobra has made 7 different custom club heads for him this year alone.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
                      This to-do about Bryson’s driver is entertaining. The old saying that the problem is with the Archer, not the Arrow comes to mind.

                      but seeing the specs on his driver is crazy. 46 inches long, 5 degree of loft. He is hitting with club head speeds of 135 mph. Cobra has made 7 different custom club heads for him this year alone.
                      lol yeah he is ridiculous. At this point Cobra would be fine if he decided to be someone else's problem. GTFO maybe swing 120 and and loft it 7 degrees and you can keep it in the fairway.
                      Dyslexics are teople poo...

                      Comment


                      • A kid to keep an eye on.

                        https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/20...ournament.html

                        When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                        -Mid Summer's Night Dream

                        Comment


                        • A fun follow on Instagram is Manoloteachesgolf.

                          His golf tips are ok, but his delivery is great. His heavy accent (Colombian maybe?) and his catch phrases below always make me smile or laugh.

                          “Waggle dat shit”
                          ”Smack dat shit”
                          ”Don’t be nasty”
                          “Amateur hours”

                          Comment


                          • Definitely Puerto Rican.

                            manolo is great.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                            Comment


                            • I was prepared not to like the video. Now I'll be talking on the course like him.

                              When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                              -Mid Summer's Night Dream

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X