The Official Thread for Runners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    My wife takes it frequently. All I know is that tastes terrible. She has to gag it down.
    I’ll probably mix it in with my protein shake
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
      Anyone here tried taking collagen on a daily basis?

I ask mainly because my running has become more difficult month by month. Some of that is the fact I'm getting older but I've also become a lot more sore after some runs and my recovery time seems to get longer and longer. Maybe I'm just old, but I'm starting to not really enjoy running because I struggle to keep a decent pace for 4 miles (especially in the heat) but I also fear the recovery time. I stopped using protein powder a while back because I just ran out and then life got busy...but I ordered some more today and I also ordered collagen to see if that helps as well. I haven't done any research on collagen other than hearing several podcasts that talk about the benefits.
      My understanding is that collagen is just protein, but in a harder to digest form than most. Your body has to break it down into amino acids and then use to build proteins. it can’t convert it directly into usable collagen.

Comment

Working...
      X