Working on the Loft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working on the Loft

I have a Cape Cod style home, with an upper level (the loft) that has hardwood floors.

I've turned the loft into a home theater, but need some reasonable seating that will make it up the flight of stairs and through the narrow door (~30").

I'm not too keen on bean bags.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Sleeping in EQ; 12-18-2020, 08:52 AM.
    We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

You might want to look at modular seating. A lot of sectionals are just bunch of single seats that tie together.

Comment

Zero gravity recliners are the best movie watching chairs IMHO, and they come in a pretty wide price range.

**And I don’t agree with that in the workplace**

Comment

Most home theater seating is modular and will go up your stairs. The above two suggestions are excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
          I have a Cape Cod style home, with an upper level (the loft) that has hardwood floors.

I've turned the loft into a home theater, but need some reasonable seating that will make it up the flight of stairs and through the narrow door (~30").

Any suggestions?
          Narrow doors are 26" - Normal doors are 28" - wide doors are 30" - you should be fine and it's not the end of the world to take the door casings off - and put them back on.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
          -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

I went for a new, memory foam futon, and two 6' chill sacks.

Comment

I went for a new, memory foam futon, and two 6' chill sacks.
              How long have you had them? How do you like them so far?
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post

How long have you had them? How do you like them so far?
                The chill sacks are great. Very comfortable and very light. SIRS can move them when she wants to do yoga. I went with ultra fur covers.

In the end I decided I needed flexibility in the space, and that when we move in a couple of years I can get a great set of theater chairs.

I also got a glass-door mini-fridge, a classic theater carper (with the film reel, popcorn box, and soda print), some accent lights, and other nick nacks. I'll post a picture.

Comment

Any suggestions?
                  "I'm not too keen on bean bags."

"I got some bean bags."
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post

"I got some bean bags."
                    I decided they were okay as a compromise. I'll go for the nicer theater chairs in a couple of years.
                    Last edited by Sleeping in EQ; 05-25-2021, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post

"I got some bean bags."
                      You noticed that, too?
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                      X