Televisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jay santos View Post

Just using the TV speakers. I'm not an audiophile but seems great to me.
    It varies a lot by model. I tend to use sound bars.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

It varies a lot by model. I tend to use sound bars.
      Do you connect your soundbar via the optical port only or do you HDMI arc? Mine has always been connected via optical, but i've heard whispers that i'm missing out on something by not having it arc'd.
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post

I saw what I think is a good deal on a 58" Hisense Roku TV at the Walmart the other day - $249 for the R6 Series. I bought it but haven't taken it out of the box yet in case a better deal comes around.

I was concerned that my wife would be upset that it's bigger than the TV it's replacing (while she claimed she wanted something smaller) so I was sure to let her know that this model was less expensive than (at least one of) the 43" models they had. She isn't upset with the bigger unit.

literal lol, pelado. well done
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

Do you connect your soundbar via the optical port only or do you HDMI arc? Mine has always been connected via optical, but i've heard whispers that i'm missing out on something by not having it arc'd.
          Both. In my experience, HDMI arc is kind of buggy.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

I may have shared this, I don't recall. When I redid my tv room, I tested all the wiring first. Speakers through A/V receiver and HDMI from reciever to TV. It worked great. After room is finished my sound kept defaulting back to TV speakers. I would have to manually change it back to surround sound. Do some research that eARC requires 4K HDMI on Samsung TVs (there is tons of complaints online about this issue). I had read previously HDMI was HDMI. Thought I was going to have to take off big portion of shiplap to solve issue. Thankfully contractor was able to feel new cable through the wall. Now the system works seamlessly.

With that said, I don't have a sensitive enough ear to tell the difference versus when my old TV was connected to receiver via optical port.

Comment

I have issues with ARC too. Two different TVs and two different sound bars.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post

I have issues with ARC too. Two different TVs and two different sound bars.
                I use a bluetooth connection to one of my soundbars and it seems to work fine. Way more reliable.

Comment

ARC works well with my primary system, but I'm using a Pioneer receiver with 5.1 surround rather than a soundbar.

For the bedroom TV, we've only ever used the TV speakers since my wife doesn't need/want to hear the Duggars and Kardashians in surround sound.
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                  X