No announcement yet.

Take a Vacation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today was the day we were supposed to be headed off to Europe. My back has been a little sore the last couple of days, and when I woke up, I couldn't stand up. It's never been that bad, so not sure what's up. It's loosening up a bit as the day goes on, but that would not have been the best way to start that adventure.

I'm taking the missus to Carmel next week. It's something that we've wanted to do for a while, but just never really had a time when it worked out. Tickets on Southwest were $49 each, so between 10,000 points and my AMEX card, it was pretty much free.

Anyone take a whale watching tour in Monterey before? Worth it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
      Today was the day we were supposed to be headed off to Europe. My back has been a little sore the last couple of days, and when I woke up, I couldn't stand up. It's never been that bad, so not sure what's up. It's loosening up a bit as the day goes on, but that would not have been the best way to start that adventure.

I'm taking the missus to Carmel next week. It's something that we've wanted to do for a while, but just never really had a time when it worked out. Tickets on Southwest were $49 each, so between 10,000 points and my AMEX card, it was pretty much free.

Anyone take a whale watching tour in Monterey before? Worth it?
      My one experience with whale watching in Monterey bay wasn't that great. I usually have an iron stomach, but even with dramamine and that electronic bracelet they recommended I was feeling the waves for awhile. And, we saw just a couple of whales.

I would highly recommend taking a kayak tour through the Elkhorn slough in Monterey Bay. You get pretty close to sea otters and seals, and if it's a good guide you get some great information. I can't remember which tour we went on, but there's a handful of them online.

When you're done go eat at Phil's Fish Market right next door. Pretty solid seafood.
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

My one experience with whale watching in Monterey bay wasn't that great. I usually have an iron stomach, but even with dramamine and that electronic bracelet they recommended I was feeling the waves for awhile. And, we saw just a couple of whales.

I would highly recommend taking a kayak tour through the Elkhorn slough in Monterey Bay. You get pretty close to sea otters and seals, and if it's a good guide you get some great information. I can't remember which tour we went on, but there's a handful of them online.

When you're done go eat at Phil's Fish Market right next door. Pretty solid seafood.
        How do you dress for the Kayak tour?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post

How do you dress for the Kayak tour?
          Layers, but not too warm. Should be pretty comfortable weather this week.
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
          X