Take a Vacation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    At the moment, the AQI in Yosemite Valley is 25, which is great. During our August visit to Kings Canyon and Sequoia (a couple hours south of Yo-Semite!, the last couple of days the AQI spiked to over 150 which wasn't good. Views were very disappointing. Not sure what to tell you, although I'd expect things to be improving as it's been cooler here recently.
    Awesome. That's encouraging.

Comment

At the moment, the AQI in Yosemite Valley is 25, which is great. During our August visit to Kings Canyon and Sequoia (a couple hours south of Yo-Semite!, the last couple of days the AQI spiked to over 150 which wasn't good. Views were very disappointing. Not sure what to tell you, although I'd expect things to be improving as it's been cooler here recently.
      SeKi is such an awesome Park. Best backpacking. My most recent trip was there as have been most of my great trips.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
        SeKi is such an awesome Park. Best backpacking. My most recent trip was there as have been most of my great trips.
        Agreed. We only did a couple of day hikes but I was thinking how great it would be to backpack way back in. Our last day, unfortunately, was smokier than a '50s bowling alley. We were atop Moro Rock, which has about a 2,000 foot drop on either side, but all we could see was a vast soup of smoke. SAD!

Comment

I took a vacation from church for a few weeks earlier this year but didn’t enjoy it. Many friends from the ward kept bothering me with nice cards, flowers, treats, words of affirmation, prayers, and lots of care and support. Jerks.

That vacation having been foiled by the inconsiderate masses, we've begun planning another. In May we’ll spend 2-3 weeks in Ireland and on the Isle of Man (from which my father’s ancestors emigrated). On the IoM we’ll have a private tour with a genealogist who will take us to my ancestral farm, the parish my forebears attended, etc.

On Ireland, we’ll see all the touristy sights, including a couple of days at Ashford Castle where we’ll participate in a gourmet program and I’ll receive a hands-on lesson in falconry. I’m also looking forward to a breakfast of berries in Dingle, a brief stay at Bantry House and, weather permitting, receiving a lightsaber from Mrs. PAC atop Skellig Michael amid the ruins of a 1500-year-old monastery.

Should my life get even worse I may re-try BM’s vacation suggestion. Until then, I’m good, but thanks for the rec; always looking for vacation ideas.
          I too am descended from Manx immigrants. How was your trip there years ago? I've seen photos of my ancestral farm and barn in Cross Valley, Ballabrew. Looks like a lovely place.

Comment

• How does travel to Europe look next fall? I'm hoping to be able to go for a couple of weeks, and am already looking at plane tickets. I'm thinking Germany/Switzerland, or maybe Ireland.

I think with vaccinations, things will easily be open again by then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
              How does travel to Europe look next fall? I'm hoping to be able to go for a couple of weeks, and am already looking at plane tickets. I'm thinking Germany/Switzerland, or maybe Ireland.

I think with vaccinations, things will easily be open again by then.
              No idea. We'd like to get in our anniversary trip to Europe sometime, too.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                No idea. We'd like to get in our anniversary trip to Europe sometime, too.

Booked tickets to Zurich in September. We'll spend two weeks between Switzerland and Germany.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                  Booked tickets to Zurich in September. We'll spend two weeks between Switzerland and Germany.
                  Good luck.

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                  X