Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post

ASU is a leading law school? What is tosu? Nobody calls Penn Cary.
    Ohio State
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post

ASU is a leading law school? What is tosu? Nobody calls Penn Cary.
      asu has been a top 20ish law school for a long time. the point is what things are named, not what they’re called.
      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Interesting but somewhat disjointed article in the Washington Post today:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/magaz...er-day-saints/

Looks like RMN has got his wish. And, superb missionary work last year fellas!

In August, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the religion colloquially known as Mormonism, issued a statement to its 19 million adherents around the globe: “We want to do all we can to limit the spread of these viruses,” wrote Russell M. Nelson, the church’s president, along with the two most senior apostles. “[W]e urge the use of face masks in public meetings whenever social distancing is not possible. To provide personal protection from such severe infections, we urge individuals to be vaccinated.”
        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

Comment

• Don't know if this counts, but Mitt Romney tweeted about the birth of his first great-grandchild, the son of his granddaughter Allie and her husband Joe Critchlow.

Looking forward to finding out what the kid's QB rating will be.

Comment

• Elder Gary Stevenson is set to make over $900mm based on his ownership of share of IKON/iFit if it goes public and folks are kind of losing their minds over it. Dude founded its predecessor over 40 years ago. I'm usually a little prudish when it comes to the church's finances, but in this instance, I've got nothing but love for a dude who built a company from nothing and is about to make bank on it (full disclosure: my otherwise talent-less brother-in-law has made a good living with IKON since 1986, so I've got nothing but love for a company that can turn a guy like that into a plant manager over three and a half decades...they've got to be doing something right).
            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
              Elder Gary Stevenson is set to make over $900mm based on his ownership of share of IKON/iFit if it goes public and folks are kind of losing their minds over it. Dude founded its predecessor over 40 years ago. I'm usually a little prudish when it comes to the church's finances, but in this instance, I've got nothing but love for a dude who built a company from nothing and is about to make bank on it (full disclosure: my otherwise talent-less brother-in-law has made a good living with IKON since 1986, so I've got nothing but love for a company that can turn a guy like that into a plant manager over three and a half decades...they've got to be doing something right).
              Good for him!

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                Elder Gary Stevenson is set to make over $900mm based on his ownership of share of IKON/iFit if it goes public and folks are kind of losing their minds over it. Dude founded its predecessor over 40 years ago. I'm usually a little prudish when it comes to the church's finances, but in this instance, I've got nothing but love for a dude who built a company from nothing and is about to make bank on it (full disclosure: my otherwise talent-less brother-in-law has made a good living with IKON since 1986, so I've got nothing but love for a company that can turn a guy like that into a plant manager over three and a half decades...they've got to be doing something right).
                I can't handle all of the dumb takes on twitter about this.

Here is a thought: if I had a billion dollars it would be incredibly difficult walking away from a life where I could fully enjoy that to a life where I am devoting literally the rest of my life to non-stop church service.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Here is a thought: if I had a billion dollars it would be incredibly difficult walking away from a life where I could fully enjoy that to a life where I am devoting literally the rest of my life to non-stop church service.
                  Who gives a shit that he made a lot of money on his business. It isn't like he leveraged his position as a church leader to make that money. If he did then I could understand a complaint.

As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                  --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

If I had a tenth of that figure I'd probably never be heard from again.
                    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post

Your wife would have you assassinated?
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Yep, I'd kill you in heartbeat.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• This thread has taken a dark turn. I'm glad I'll never be rich--at least that's what I tell myself.

Comment

Don't worry - I'll never leave you guys after this next year.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                            -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post

Don't worry - I'll never leave you guys after this next year.
                              Speaking of which. My daughter will need a NIL sponsorship when she gets back from her mission in 14 months. I'll be sure to remind you when the time comes.

Comment

• I don’t know much about the story but if this windfall is from a company he started 40 years ago and built up, then I don’t understand what all the fuss is about. He’s going to not enjoy much of that money since he’s working 7 days a week until the day he dies. I would also expect a lot of that money will go to charitable causes.
                                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Working...
                                X