The Calling of a Bishop

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Xander
    replied
    Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
    What's a Moran?

    I've noticed you've used it a few times lately. And, I can spot a humblemoran a miles away.
    I believe it means :

    The preferred method of spelling "moron" by morons, particularly that of a Missouri redneck at a rally supporting the US led war in Iraq.
    Get a brain, moran! GO USA!
    Moran: Moran is moron squared. It's stupider than a moron.

    Leave a comment:


  • SoonerCoug
    replied
    My younger brother (ItchyCoug) is a bishop. He is only 31, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't believe in God.

    Leave a comment:


  • clackamascoug
    replied
    Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Anyone dumb enough to accept a calling like that, especially in their 30s, deserve what they get. Morans.
    What's a Moran?

    I've noticed you've used it a few times lately. And, I can spot a humblemoran miles away.
    Last edited by clackamascoug; 08-27-2012, 09:52 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • smokymountainrain
    replied
    Originally posted by Xander View Post
    maybe one or two then.
    That was my thought. I wouldn't know who they might be, but out of the hundreds here, I guess it would stand to reason.

    Leave a comment:


  • Art Vandelay
    replied
    Anyone dumb enough to accept a calling like that, especially in their 30s, deserve what they get. Morans.

    Leave a comment:


  • Xander
    replied
    Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    lol. Cute
    maybe one or two then.

    Leave a comment:


  • smokymountainrain
    replied
    Originally posted by Xander View Post
    I know a lot of people here believe in the influence of the spirit determining callings
    lol. Cute

    Leave a comment:


  • clackamascoug
    replied
    I was once a 1st Counselor, and at the same time my wife was the Primary President. It's what you make of it. Can't say that the kids suffered, but then they ended up not getting into BYU. So, you never know.
    Last edited by clackamascoug; 08-27-2012, 09:13 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Xander
    started a topic The Calling of a Bishop

    The Calling of a Bishop

    We had a changing of the guard recently in my ward and my neighbor was called as a bishop. He's in his mid 30's with several small children and self employed, meaning he makes hay while the sun is shining so time is important to him.

    His wife came over with a nice gesture of a gift and talked to my wife. When my wife mentioned that she heard about his calling the new bishops wife started to tear up because of how stressed she is going to be. She said they had been brought into the stake presidents office and told they had been chosen out of a dozen other eligible people in the ward. They said they were conflicted on whether to call an elderly retired person with time on his hands or a younger man with small kids and put them through the trial by fire.

    I know a lot of people here believe in the influence of the spirit determining callings and such but every time I hear of a younger man being called into the bishopric who already doesn't have a lot of time to work with I don't understand why they don't choose the obvious choice of the older person. I know older retired people have lives too but kids are only small once. Time is precious at those ages.

    Our previous bishop was an older retired gentlemen. Awesome bishop but he'd been in almost 6 years. I'd almost start attending just to help my neighbor out if it wasn't for other factors.
Working...