So, after church today we had a linger-longer. After the majority of the meal was through, my son had to go to the bathroom. I took him and he peed...no problem.
The light switch in the bathroom is on a timer. From the time you flip it, it goes for ten minutes and then turns itself off automatically. When we were leaving, I didn't turn it off because there was someone waiting to come in after us.
We went back into the gym, and my son ran off to play with some of the other kids. I started packing up the rice and beans we made, and started heading for the door with them. Suddenly, one of the sisters comes to me and guides me to a table to put down the armful of stuff I'm carrying, saying, "Bro. Williams, your son needs you." I thought she was trying to take the food (it was a hit), but then she pointed across the gym to my son standing in the door. It was noisy and I couldn't hear him. He had been wearing khakis, so at first glance, I didn't realize that he had his pants and underwear off.
I hurried over to him to find him sobbing, physically shaking as he cried and wailed, "THERE'S A GHOST IN THE BATHROOM! WAAAAAAA! THERE'S A...THERE'S A.....G G G G GHOST IN THE IN THE IN THE BA BA BATHROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM."
We opened the door and there was shit (literal) everywhere on the toilet. Apparently, he had the sudden urge to poop, had gotten himself situated, barely started, and when the lights went out on their own, panicked.
I explained the timer to him so he'd stop thinking there was a ghost among us. I cleaned him up and then sanitized the bathroom. That is by far the most interesting thing to happen at church in a long time.
I love my kids. I hate ghosts however; bustin' makes me feel good.
The light switch in the bathroom is on a timer. From the time you flip it, it goes for ten minutes and then turns itself off automatically. When we were leaving, I didn't turn it off because there was someone waiting to come in after us.
We went back into the gym, and my son ran off to play with some of the other kids. I started packing up the rice and beans we made, and started heading for the door with them. Suddenly, one of the sisters comes to me and guides me to a table to put down the armful of stuff I'm carrying, saying, "Bro. Williams, your son needs you." I thought she was trying to take the food (it was a hit), but then she pointed across the gym to my son standing in the door. It was noisy and I couldn't hear him. He had been wearing khakis, so at first glance, I didn't realize that he had his pants and underwear off.
I hurried over to him to find him sobbing, physically shaking as he cried and wailed, "THERE'S A GHOST IN THE BATHROOM! WAAAAAAA! THERE'S A...THERE'S A.....G G G G GHOST IN THE IN THE IN THE BA BA BATHROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM."
We opened the door and there was shit (literal) everywhere on the toilet. Apparently, he had the sudden urge to poop, had gotten himself situated, barely started, and when the lights went out on their own, panicked.
I explained the timer to him so he'd stop thinking there was a ghost among us. I cleaned him up and then sanitized the bathroom. That is by far the most interesting thing to happen at church in a long time.
I love my kids. I hate ghosts however; bustin' makes me feel good.