October 2021 Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 2021 Conference

The Saturday evening session is gone. No more priesthood/RS session.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Huh. I wonder what the impetus was.
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
      Diminishing returns?

Comment

They are boring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

The explanation makes no sense.

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Final 4 appearance is now OK!

Comment

They do so many churchwide broadcasts between conferences now, that it makes sense to me. To the extent a particular group needs to be addressed, they will likely do it via a special broadcast and make General Conference completely general. I wonder if they will ever bring back live choiring.
              “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post

I don't get it either. How does the general availability of all other sessions make the Saturday evening session not important anymore?
                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                - SeattleUte

Comment

They're saying the meetings changed to being available to the membership at large. So now there's really no need to address the specific demographic separately, because they're already talking to everyone in the other four sessions. I mean there really wasn't that much of a change since you could get the messages after the fact.

Maybe they're testing the waters, and will eventually cut out all Saturday meetings.

Comment

I don't get it either. How does the general availability of all other sessions make the Saturday evening session not important anymore?
                    It was more kind to say it that way than to say that KK ruined everything.
                    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

They are boring?

pretty much my main objection to the whole thing
                      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post

It was more kind to say it that way than to say that KK ruined everything.

very well played.
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

Ours is not to question why, ours is just to be glad they eliminated the meeting.
                          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Copelius View Post
                            They do so many churchwide broadcasts between conferences now, that it makes sense to me. To the extent a particular group needs to be addressed, they will likely do it via a special broadcast and make General Conference completely general. I wonder if they will ever bring back live choiring.
                            speaking of which, the broadcast yesterday was so boring and such a waste of time. My kids hated it. It missed so badly in its intent. Unless its intent was to be a complete waste of an hour. Then it freaking succeeded.

Comment

Geez. Bunch of cynics.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                              X