April 2021 conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Guys, life is much more enjoyable without the constant cynicism.
    This, plus bacon.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Guys, life is much more enjoyable without the constant cynicism.
      Gotta say, this level of GC cynicism is pretty weak sauce, compared to years' prior. Maybe they are learning to take your advice!
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
        Copelius sighting. My Easter is complete.
        I even made it into priesthood session last night with the BYU men and alumni choir. They made me shave my mustache for that one. Staheli was pretty particular about any facial hair when representing the BYU choirs.
        “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

Gotta say, this level of GC cynicism is pretty weak sauce, compared to years' prior. Maybe they are learning to take your advice!
          Yes indeed.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

That's because the mullahs in charge here have run all the free thinkers off

Kidding! I'm kidding!

Comment

This one is fun

Comment

I don't think Dallin H. Oaks could have given the same talk while Trump was president.

Comment

Prediction: Trumpers interpret Oaks’ talk as an attack on Dems/Biden/Abortion, while everyone else sees it as a needed address to Trumpers.

Also, since apparently we need to ratchet up the cynicism, I’ll point out that it didn’t take long to get back to US-centric themes and speakers, after throwing the rest of the world some bones for a couple hours earlier today.
                  Last edited by Donuthole; 04-04-2021, 01:36 PM.
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

I will admit to exclaiming out loud "WHY?" when temples for Helena, MT and Elko, NV were announced.

Comment

My daughter is excited about the temple in Burley. The Church just bought property about 500 yards from their house. The were told that it was going to be one of those "super Stake Centers"...lol. Just kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
                        I will admit to exclaiming out loud "WHY?" when temples for Helena, MT and Elko, NV were announced.
                        They're isolated places that don't already have one so close by. And the way they build these new smaller ones the focus seems to be more on supporting all members in their desire to make covenants for themselves and in behalf of their ancestors and less on building huge beautiful monument type temples. Not that there isn't some purpose in the beauty of those, but there are enough of those around for those who want to travel to see one.

Comment

Prediction: Trumpers interpret Oaks’ talk as an attack on Dems/Biden/Abortion, while everyone else sees it as a needed address to Trumpers.

Also, since apparently we need to ratchet up the cynicism, I’ll point out that it didn’t take long to get back to US-centric themes and speakers, after throwing the rest of the world some bones for a couple hours earlier today.
                          I liked the part talking about the importance of participating in democracy while also specifying that by that he did not mean mobs attacking to try to force what they want. No offense to Trump sympathizers, but only an idiot wouldn't see a reference there to January 6th.
                          Last edited by BlueK; 04-04-2021, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
                            Membership density, travel distance, and load on the current temple district?

Comment

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post

Membership density, travel distance, and load on the current temple district?
                              Elko, Nevada, population 20k, has 3 buildings, 6 family wards and a YSA ward. The Greater Elko area is the home to 2 stakes. They are currently zoned for the SLC temple, 3 hours away. Reno is 4 hrs away. Desert Peak, in Toeele, would be a little closer when it's constructed.

Comment

That’s more like it.

"...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                                - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                                X