Baptizing Saddam Hussein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baptizing Saddam Hussein

Did any of yall ever get asked by investigators why you were baptizing Saddam Hussein, based on this missionary "Flipcharts" image from yesteryear? I did, about once a week or so.

151876362_10102670992092259_3460706076650316995_n.jpg
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Lol, no.

Man those flip charts. Used them a couple of times.

Comment

Yeah I thought it was super cool that Danny Ainge got that experience even though he didn't get to serve...
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

I do remember thinking that, but I think I used flip charts about 3 times on my mission total.

I was out shortly after flip charts transitioned from a three ring binder (am I remembering that right?) to the smaller, self-contained booklet.

What about that pic that got used a lot that I think was supposed to be a man praying but actually looked like a man who just got hit in the head with a golf ball? I couldn't find it anywhere.
        Last edited by Clark Addison; 02-18-2021, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
          Did any of yall ever get asked by investigators why you were baptizing Saddam Hussein, based on this missionary "Flipcharts" image from yesteryear? I did, about once a week or so.

151876362_10102670992092259_3460706076650316995_n.jpg
          I don't remember any investigators asking about it, but we definitely joked about it as missionaries.
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

I remember the day he was captured hiding in a spider hole. He was held just down the road from several hundred priesthood holders--oh so close!

Comment

Disappointing. I thought this thread was going to be about proxy baptism.
              "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
              "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
              This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
              "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
              "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
                Disappointing. I thought this thread was going to be about proxy baptism.
                Ha, me too. However, I guess that means we still have a shot at getting brother Hussein's name next time we hit the baptistry.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Wow I never once made the connection until now. And no Puerto Rican did either. In my defense my mission was during his first less well-known war.
                  "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

Look at Waup - going from inactive to bar chaser.

If I had to guess the "mormon" name of the elder it would be - Kyle Monson.
                    Last edited by clackamascoug; 02-19-2021, 04:22 PM.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                      I do remember thinking that, but I think I used flip charts about 3 times on my mission total.

I was out shortly after flip charts transitioned from a three ring binder (am I remembering that right?) to the smaller, self-contained booklet.
                      My mission was one of the ones that invented flip charts. We had to make our own when I first got there. That was back in the day where you memorized the "Mr. Brown" lessons. Except ours was "Señor Gomez". The missionary department came out with new lessons that included a new flip chart about six months before my time was up. We didn't get the Spanish version until just a few weeks before I went home. Hard for me to get motivated to memorize a new set at that point. But I did all I could to help my companion with his memorization task.

Comment

No.
                        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Working...
                        X