What will all the anti vaxxer church members do now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will all the anti vaxxer church members do now

That they see our prophet and apostles getting the vaccine. They find something a dead prophet says to agree with them. But don’t realize there is a living prophet who we can get the mind and will of the Lord for us today.

Oh they're already on the case, instructing heart surgeon President Nelson to 'dO hIS rEaseaRch"
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Greatest thread ever.
      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

I have seen at least two people say something akin to "The prophet got the vaccine as a man, not as the prophet" and then get tons of likes from other Mormons. I can't really come up with the right words to describe the swirl of emotions I feel towards people who say this kind of nonsense. SeattleUte's long predicted that the Church would double-down on conservative religious values, but the insipid MAGA spirit dwells in the hearts of many Mormons, and that movement--if it doesn't die out through Boomer attrition--might very well cause a schism in the Church.
        "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

I'd really like to know the true numbers of "many Mormons" here. I have a couple of relatives who are MAGA online but have been masking up and have gotten the vaccine. Online communities are prone to online tough talk. Maybe the online rhetoric is genuinely no different than their real life rhetoric. I don't know.

All institutions are losing power right. It doesn't matter if they are secular or religious. The Church is no different. Schism(s) are essentially a given right now. This isn't because of MAGA. MAGA is just a symptom of the breakdown of institutions brought on by the digital age.

Comment

https://apnews.com/article/donald-tr...539db9ad97c8d6

When Trump got the vaccine, he got it as a man, not as Q.
            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/595757163/p...059187164/?d=n

This post and the comments are mind blowing. Wow, just wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                https://www.facebook.com/595757163/p...059187164/?d=n

This post and the comments are mind blowing. Wow, just wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Ha! Looks like I have a friend in that thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post

Ha! Looks like I have a friend in that thread.
                  Looks like she got an update from The Friend: https://www.facebook.com/jami.hepwor...59480805312164

162412169_10159480790437164_1446997269011837772_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=UX7uvLoiZ7wAX-sedhr&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-2.fna&oh=3e7c6a4ca4f1fa2d30ed37a033eb58de&oe=607A7B46.jpg

162535308_10159480791062164_4842201031177198089_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=TMP1IIsWYIIAX-f58GV&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-2.fna&oh=15b5a7ea61322b600e3ec1cd655a79d8&oe=607B49AD.jpg
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post

Looks like she got an update from The Friend: https://www.facebook.com/jami.hepwor...59480805312164
                    Love it.

Comment

Hooray. Great response.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

There's a lengthy response from a Harrison Salisbury (presumably not the deceased NYT reporter, but I'm open to correction) citing multiple studies purporting to show that vaccinations, while reducing the targeted illness, cause substantially greater harm from other maladies. I'll assume he's misreading the data, but have his points been rebutted elsewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post

Love it.
                          I'd just like to point out that although she's a Nevadan, she's from Reno, and thus she's more closely related to a Utah Psycho or a California Fruitcake then to the rest of Nevada.

Comment

Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
                            I'd just like to point out that although she's a Nevadan, she's from Reno, and thus she's more closely related to a Utah Psycho or a California Fruitcake then to the rest of Nevada.
                            Your mom!

Comment

LVAllen, BP just said your mom is from Reno. Are you going to take that?!

Comment

Working...
                              X