What cereal do you eat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post

ever since you posted about them in this thread, the kroger oat squares have been a staple in our home. i've wanted to try the quakers, but the kroger version is so dirt cheap (and so good), i can't bring myself pull the trigger.
    Agree, they are great. And usually around $2 (sometimes under that) for a box. Quaker squares rarely go on sale (in fact, i'm not sure i've ever seen them on sale) so they hover around $4 to $4.39 per box.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

Agree, they are great. And usually around $2 (sometimes under that) for a box. Quaker squares rarely go on sale (in fact, i'm not sure i've ever seen them on sale) so they hover around $4 to $4.39 per box.
      $1.89 at my local smith's.
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
        I'm sure this cereal has already been covered but I picked up a box of Quisp at Smith's because it had a strange 60s vibe to it. Turns out it is literally Cap'n Crunch, just disk shaped. This makes it far superior to Cap'n Crunch because it doesn't destroy your mouth with the stupid pointy corners. I rarely eat garbage cereal but I enjoyed this.
        I'll have to try some of this. But a quick google search shows it looks an awful lot like Sweet Crunch, which was a Quaker bagged cereal in the 90s. That stuff was delicious, but tore up your mouth. I thought it was even worse than Capn Crunch in that respect. I've shared this here before, but I distinctly remember my little brother putting in his retainer just to protect the roof of his mouth.

c_1177.jpg

EDIT: Confirmed, Sweet Crunch and Quisp are likely the same thing.

This cereal is believed to have been Quaker's Quisp Cereal in a bargain package.

https://www.mrbreakfast.com/cereal_detail.asp?id=1177
        Now I'm definitely grabbing some of this. Wonder if the recipe changed and Quisp is a bit softer?
        Last edited by Donuthole; 04-14-2022, 11:21 AM.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• the best version of capn crunch is/was the malt o' meal version that i can't ever find anymore in plain flavor - most stores have the crunch berry version. problem with the original capn crunch is that the texture is inconsistent from box to box. you get the really good stuff about 20% of the time in my experience.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

I'll have to try some of this. But a quick google search shows it looks an awful lot like Sweet Crunch, which was a Quaker bagged cereal in the 90s. That stuff was delicious, but tore up your mouth. I thought it was even worse than Capn Crunch in that respect. I've shared this here before, but I distinctly remember my little brother putting in his retainer just to protect the roof of his mouth.

c_1177.jpg

EDIT: Confirmed, Sweet Crunch and Quisp are likely the same thing.

Now I'm definitely grabbing some of this. Wonder if the recipe changed and Quisp is a bit softer?
            The picture is a bit too pixelated to get too close, but it sure looks like the same thing. I'm curious to see if you think it will tear up your mouth. The OG Cap'n Crunch sure does for me.

I picked up the 8.5 Oz box at Smith's for $1.99. The box is about gone after 3 sittings.

16499928143156553115607061894236.jpg

Comment

The picture is a bit too pixelated to get too close, but it sure looks like the same thing. I'm curious to see if you think it will tear up your mouth. The OG Cap'n Crunch sure does for me.

I picked up the 8.5 Oz box at Smith's for $1.99. The box is about gone after 3 sittings.

16499928143156553115607061894236.jpg
              I stopped at two different Smiths today on my way home looking for it. No luck. One of them even said they had it online but the store clerk said they’ve “never had that cereal here”. I showed her a pic and everything.

Comment

I stopped at two different Smiths today on my way home looking for it. No luck. One of them even said they had it online but the store clerk said they’ve “never had that cereal here”. I showed her a pic and everything.
                Bummer. I found this at an end of the aisle display, where they usually do the cereal promotions. In Herriman.

Smith's is usually the only grocery store around here that has a wide variety of cereals. I haven't checked at any Associated Foods stores though.

Comment

Bummer. I found this at an end of the aisle display, where they usually do the cereal promotions. In Herriman.

Smith's is usually the only grocery store around here that has a wide variety of cereals. I haven't checked at any Associated Foods stores though.
                  good to know. i couldn't find it at the smith's near herriman hs, but i'm not far from the one on 134th either.
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

• Don't forget this other cereal that came out at the same time as Quisp:
                    quakes_two.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post

good to know. i couldn't find it at the smith's near herriman hs, but i'm not far from the one on 134th either.
                      Yeah, i didnt notice it when i was the Smith's Marketplace by Daybreak a few days ago. The 134th location had it in decent amount still as of 3 days ago.

Comment

I almost picked up a box of the Quaker version to try (it was $2.66 for the box), but I was distracted by this and never made my way back:

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 1 photos.
                        "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post

I almost picked up a box of the Quaker version to try (it was $2.66 for the box), but I was distracted by this and never made my way back:

Comment

Wendy's Frosty cereal - If you like the idea of Cocoa Puffs with mini chocolate marshmallows, then this is the cereal for you! If you're hoping for a cereal that tastes like a Frosty, then prepare to be disappointed. I would eat it again, but I won't purchase it again.
                            "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Wendy's Frosty cereal - If you like the idea of Cocoa Puffs with mini chocolate marshmallows, then this is the cereal for you! If you're hoping for a cereal that tastes like a Frosty, then prepare to be disappointed. I would eat it again, but I won't purchase it again.
                              i picked some up after reading your post. it really is pretty much cocoa puffs with marshmallows. though the texture is a tad different and in my opinion they are a bit better than cocoa puffs.
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

Comment

Working...
                              X