Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We've got another holiday to worry about. It seems Thanksgiving Day is upon us.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We made a turkey on the kamado again:

B3B47A4A-9580-4706-BE78-C9F39797821C.jpg

EDIT: The low-res attachment doesn’t look as great, but it looks really good on my phone.
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
      We made a turkey on the kamado again:

[ATTACH]10560[/ATTACH]

EDIT: The low-res attachment doesn’t look as great, but it looks really good on my phone.
      That is beautiful.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

We made a turkey on the kamado again:

[ATTACH]10560[/ATTACH]

Maybe it's because I'm looking at it from my phone, but that looks great!

Comment

• No pictures, but I did prime rib on the smoker. Just salt and pepper. Took it off at 130, wrapped in foil and put in the cooler for two hours. Unwrapped it and put it in the oven at 500 degrees for 7 minutes. It was done to perfection, but next time I think I'll use milder pellets or wrap it half way through. The smokiness detracted a bit from the delicious taste of the meat.
          "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
            No pictures, but I did prime rib on the smoker. Just salt and pepper. Took it off at 130, wrapped in foil and put in the cooler for two hours. Unwrapped it and put it in the oven at 500 degrees for 7 minutes. It was done to perfection, but next time I think I'll use milder pellets or wrap it half way through. The smokiness detracted a bit from the delicious taste of the meat.
            This is something I've been contemplating smoking. What kind of pellets did you use?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
              This is something I've been contemplating smoking. What kind of pellets did you use?
              The hopper had some pecan left in it, but I supplemented it with a blend I had bought somewhere. That was probably the culprit, since I've always had good luck with pecan.
              "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Following a Traeger recipe, I smoked a turkey breast by butterflying it, and making a stuffing that included bacon, mushrooms, etc. It was tasty, but I realized it was the bacon I enjoyed the most. Next year’s menu will be revised accordingly.

FF1094AE-9200-47AA-9BEF-211BA253C73C.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                  Following a Traeger recipe, I smoked a turkey breast by butterflying it, and making a stuffing that included bacon, mushrooms, etc. It was tasty, but I realized it was the bacon I enjoyed the most. Next year’s menu will be revised accordingly.

[ATTACH]10561[/ATTACH]
                  That looks really good. Did you brine the turkey breast?

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
                    That looks really good. Did you brine the turkey breast?
                    I wish I had, as it was just slightly dry.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                      It was tasty, but I realized it was the bacon I enjoyed the most. Next year’s menu will be revised accordingly.
                      Thanksgiving BLTs (or club sandwiches if you are a traditionalist).
                      "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Thanksgiving BLTs (or club sandwiches if you are a traditionalist).
                        For Thanksgiving, we’ll go fancy with clubs, including the frilly toothpicks.

Comment

• Just cooked up some of the sausage/apple stuffing that I made in some butter in a pan. Threw in some of the gravy with it. Then put two over easy eggs on top. Delicious.
                          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                            Just cooked up some of the sausage/apple stuffing that I made in some butter in a pan. Threw in some of the gravy with it. Then put two over easy eggs on top. Delicious.
                            That sounds delicious. I would try it but we're out of eggs
                            "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                            "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                            This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                            "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                            "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Working...
                            X