Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We've got another holiday to worry about. It seems Thanksgiving Day is upon us.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At your age to be able to plan popping a tent a year in advance is almost a humblebrag.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Comment

• For no particular reason, everything at Thanksgiving dinner today tasted exceptionally good. We were at my parent's home, and my Mom did most of the cooking (as usual). The homemade rolls were delicious. The turkey was exceptionally juicy (I just can't use the word moist), the gravy was my favorite. I don't even like sweet potatoes, and my sister's sweet potatoes were fabulous (even had some coconut in them). Two kinds of stuffing - I preferred the sausage and cornbread stuffing best. Green bean casserole (and not that gross stuff with the cream of mushroom soup).

And the pies. My mom's usual assortment: apple, cherry, cherry cream cheese, pumpkin, pecan, french silk, lemon meringue, coconut cream.

Best Thanksgiving dinner I can remember in many years.
      "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

• Bump.
        "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          Alton. Brown. Foil. Triangle.

The perms for the turkey triangle video were changed to "private". Dang.

Pt. 2 (the gravy) also inaccessible.

You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
          You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Happy Thanksgiving, guys and gal.
              "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Happy Thanksgiving CS.

This year we are going to go to a restaurant. Not sure if the food will be that good but the clean up will be easy.
                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Hope you all have had as good a Thanksgiving Day as we have.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Happy Turkey day, CS.

I'll be cooking pork chops.
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Happy Thanksgiving, everyone

enjoy your Turkey and have a nice nap

I'm just about ready to leave for my Father's home and all of the festivities

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• We are celebrating my Dad’s 77th birthday today. He loves turkey and prime rib. So I’m making both. A 22 pound bone in prime rib roast and 20 pound turkey. I’m smoking the turkey and it’s looking great. I normally don’t love turkey, but this going to be tempting.

15FD24E7-E98B-49C0-BA25-974D1FDE67C0.jpg
                        A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• Originally posted by CJF View Post
                          We are celebrating my Dad’s 77th birthday today. He loves turkey and prime rib. So I’m making both. A 22 pound bone in prime rib roast and 20 pound turkey. I’m smoking the turkey and it’s looking great. I normally don’t love turkey, but this going to be tempting.

[ATTACH]9247[/ATTACH]
                          I'm a big fan of spatchcocked smoked turkey on the Traeger. It's much faster than roasting a whole turkey, and the dark meat reached the right temps before the white meat dries out.

Comment

• Did brisket this year instead of turkey. Definitely a tradition to keep

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                              Did brisket this year instead of turkey. Definitely a tradition to keep

Nicely done. I asked the fam if they'd like brisket for Thanksgiving, and they said, "No you cook brisket all the time; it wouldn't be special."

Comment

• We made a turkey on the kamado again:

B3B47A4A-9580-4706-BE78-C9F39797821C.jpg
                                "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Working...
                                X