Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to eat in Utah Valley?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by BigPiney View Post

    My wife likes honey on her grilled cheese sandwiches.
    the best is that pepper jelly costco sells around the holidays with a brie grilled cheese.
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by old_gregg View Post

      the best is that pepper jelly costco sells around the holidays with a brie grilled cheese.
      Yeah, I'm going to make that. Any particular brie you would suggest?
      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
      --Kendrick Lamar

      Comment


      • Originally posted by old_gregg View Post

        the best is that pepper jelly costco sells around the holidays with a brie grilled cheese.
        Love that stuff.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post

          Yeah, I'm going to make that. Any particular brie you would suggest?
          i think the kirkland brand is as good as any other widely available brie
          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

          Comment


          • Il n'y a rien au dessus de PrĂ©sident

            Comment


            • Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post

              Was it at Via313, because that is where this place started before expanding. Thought it would be weird, it was excellent.
              Hah, it was. I didn't know the name until just now. I only remembered it was a food truck parked at a bar. My colleagues and I were staying at the Sheraton Hotel at the Capitol (was there for a conference) and had walked down Red River street and someone in the group knew about this place so we went there. I googled "detroit pizza Austin" just now and, sure enough, it was the Via313 food truck on Rainey street that we went to.

              I had no idea they had a location in Utah. I'm definitely going to have to go eat there. That pizza with the honey on it is so dang good.

              We all rode Bird/Lime scooters back to the hotel that night. Look at me being all hipster - first time I ever had Detroit style pizza with honey on it and first time I ever rode a scooter, both on the same night. Also that trip was the first time I had breakfast tacos - that was at a food truck next to some hipster bike shop place, and dang good too.

              On the same trip we also walked over to Franklins because it was about 4 blocks from the hotel but they had sold out by the time we got there so we kept walking and ended up at Micklethwaits. I think I posted about it here. We definitely had a foodie in the group because they searched out and took us to all these places. I just followed the group.

              The People's Republic of Austin may be a bunch of hairy legged hippies but when you visit with a foodie there are some dang good places to eat.
              Last edited by BigFatMeanie; 09-14-2021, 07:55 AM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post

                Hah, it was. I didn't know the name until just now. I only remembered it was a food truck parked at a bar. My colleagues and I were staying at the Sheraton Hotel at the Capitol (was there for a conference) and had walked down Red River street and someone in the group knew about this place so we went there. I googled "detroit pizza Austin" just now and, sure enough, it was the Via313 food truck on Rainey street that we went to.

                I had no idea they had a location in Utah. I'm definitely going to have to go eat there. That pizza with the honey on it is so dang good.

                We all rode Bird/Lime scooters back to the hotel that night. Look at me being all hipster - first time I ever had Detroit style pizza with honey on it and first time I ever rode a scooter, both on the same night. Also that trip was the first time I had breakfast tacos - that was at a food truck next to some hipster bike shop place, and dang good too.

                On the same trip we also walked over to Franklins because it was about 4 blocks from the hotel but they had sold out by the time we got there so we kept walking and ended up at Micklethwaits. I think I posted about it here. We definitely had a foodie in the group because they searched out and took us to all these places. I just followed the group.

                The People's Republic of Austin may be a bunch of hairy legged hippies but when you visit with a foodie there are some dang good places to eat.
                They are opening a few locations in Utah now. There is one in Lehi and Murray that will be opening up. Not sure how Utah was one of the fortunate sons for expansion, but it is some of the better pizza that I've had. I like Brick's Corner, but Via313's crust is just so much better. They are expanding to other states. I hope they maintain the qualify as they expand.
                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                --Kendrick Lamar

                Comment


                • Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                  Via313 is good.
                  Reheated leftovers day 2 are pretty good as well.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                    Via313 is good.
                    We ate there before the Utah game... it wasn't bad. It is almost as good as the one down in Austin.
                    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

                      We ate there before the Utah game... it wasn't bad. It is almost as good as the one down in Austin.
                      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                      --Kendrick Lamar

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post

                        Don't you know? Everything is better in Texas. Even Texas is better in Texas.

                        Comment


                        • Nice. Looks like a Via313 is coming to San Antonio soon. I'll check it out

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post

                            Don't you know? Everything is better in Texas. Even Texas is better in Texas.
                            Texas sucks. SJBH
                            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                            --Kendrick Lamar

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post

                              Texas sucks. SJBH
                              You shut your mouth

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post

                                You shut your mouth
                                I will speak my truth. You can't silence me!
                                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                                --Kendrick Lamar

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X