If you are cheap like me,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you are cheap like me,

and boy am I cheap, here is a deal for a large pizza at Papa Johns....

Order online and use the code UT115 to get a large one topping for 5 bucks. Only good in Utah.

I am cheap like you. I just ordered one and will be picking it up on my way home. Thanks for the tip.
    "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
    —Abraham Maslow

Comment

Thx LiveCoug, getting one on my way home too. How'd you find that code?

Comment

Originally posted by scottie View Post
        Thx LiveCoug, getting one on my way home too. How'd you find that code?
        Our friend told us about a forum for cheapos called http://www.pinchingyourpennies.com/index.php

Found it there.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
          Our friend told us about a forum for cheapos called http://www.pinchingyourpennies.com/index.php

Found it there.
          My wife is a big fan of this site. Obsessed might be a more correct term.
          "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

I'm fairly cheap in a lot of ways like with monthly bills. I pay my Tmobile bill with my checking account so I can still get the $5/line monthly discount (x7 for the seven lines our family has). But that also means I don't have the benefit of the cell phone coverage from my credit card.

So I opened a premium checking account with America First that includes cell phone insurance. In order to get the $6 monthly fee waived, I have to come up with 20 monthly transactions on the debit card. I could probably do that by making a bunch of mini payments to Tmobile. That seems like a lot of work. Maybe I should just swallow the $6 fee and call it a win.

What would you do? (How cheap are you?)

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
              I'm fairly cheap in a lot of ways like with monthly bills. I pay my Tmobile bill with my checking account so I can still get the $5/line monthly discount (x7 for the seven lines our family has). But that also means I don't have the benefit of the cell phone coverage from my credit card.

So I opened a premium checking account with America First that includes cell phone insurance. In order to get the $6 monthly fee waived, I have to come up with 20 monthly transactions on the debit card. I could probably do that by making a bunch of mini payments to Tmobile. That seems like a lot of work. Maybe I should just swallow the $6 fee and call it a win.

I am a cheap bastard, but I don't trust using debit cards. They just don't have the protection of credit cards, or at least that is my understanding. If I am incorrect, I would be happy to be corrected.

I also do the direct pay to t-mobile.

Comment

I've never heard of using cell phone insurance from a checking or credit card account provider, but I don't really understand the appeal. A phone replacement value is less than $1k so why would I worry about insuring it? I guess I'm self-insured in this regard.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                  I've never heard of using cell phone insurance from a checking or credit card account provider, but I don't really understand the appeal. A phone replacement value is less than $1k so why would I worry about insuring it? I guess I'm self-insured in this regard.
                  Budget dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post

What is cell phone insurance?

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

What is cell phone insurance?
                      You may know it as AppleCare+.

​​​​​​My last few phones have been the Samsung flagship phones, so a little spendy. I've made a claim on each of the last two for cracked screens and/or damaged body that have paid out over $1000 combined. I never got them repaired, but simply traded them in as a damaged device which made my dollar go farther. Did I mention I'm cheap?

Like BFM, I never pay for insurance on stuff I buy. I self insure. But when the insurance is free, I'll use it. Right now my plan is not to jump through any hoops for the insurance but to simply pay the $6 each month.

Comment

Wendy's has a deal where you get 50 chicken nuggets for $15. That's quite an inexpensive way to feed multiple children or one person with a large appetite.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                          Wendy's has a deal where you get 50 chicken nuggets for $15. That's quite an inexpensive way to feed multiple children or one large person with an large appetite.
                          FIFY

Wait, that's me.
                          “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

Working...
                          X