Cobra Kai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
    I'm very annoyed with Robby's character.
    I am, too, but I was pulling for the kid due to his tough background. Then I watched the last episode of Season 2 last weekend.
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

So.. If any of you are interested in the FB letter Johnny was going to send to Ali, here is a screenshot of it and I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED!!

It’s the little things like this and the interaction with Chozen that make it enjoyable and nostalgic..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
        Thanks to all the positive reviews in this thread, I finally got around to watching this during the month of December. I loved season 1. But I thought season 2 turned into too much teen drama. I'm only about half-way through season 2 and I kind of got bored with the show. Did anyone else just get tired of the plot lines in S2?
        Same. Though I was sorta out towards the end of Season 1. But what I saw of S2 was legit terrible TV. Worse writing and acting than a Disney Channel show.

All in all, this might be the most overhyped series out there. Nostalgia can only take me so far.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          Same. Though I was sorta out towards the end of Season 1. But what I saw of S2 was legit terrible TV. Worse writing and acting than a Disney Channel show.

All in all, this might be the most overhyped series out there. Nostalgia can only take me so far.
          This. Season 3 makes Season 2 look like Breaking Bad. I don't blame them for riding this train as far as it'll go, but we're way past nostalgia and I'm way too old for whatever it is they're going for now.

Comment

I started watching it last night and really enjoyed it. I think I'm about 4 episodes in. It sounds like I'll stop after season 1 though.
            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
              This. Season 3 makes Season 2 look like Breaking Bad. I don't blame them for riding this train as far as it'll go, but we're way past nostalgia and I'm way too old for whatever it is they're going for now.
              I'm in the middle of season 2. The nostalgia fix has worn off, and now it's a high school drama with a lot of kicking. I don't think I'll be able to make it any further.
              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
                I'm in the middle of season 2. The nostalgia fix has worn off, and now it's a high school drama with a lot of kicking. I don't think I'll be able to make it any further.
                That's about where we got with season 2. It's campy AF. Zabka is easily the most talented actor of the bunch, but he's not nearly enough to make up for the deficiencies of the rest. Seems like seasons 2 and 3 (haven't watched but have heard) have turned into opportunities for quick cameos and "where are they now" episodes. Nostalgia has quickly given way to fatigue.

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
                  I really prefer my high school drama with punches and "Welcome to the OC bitch" one liners.
                  --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

I binged both season 1 & 2 a few months ago and enjoyed both. Further evidence that I'm not as cultured as the general CS population.
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                      I binged both season 1 & 2 a few months ago and enjoyed both. Further evidence that I'm not as cultured as the general CS population.
                      I finished 3 a few nights ago and am wondering myself where my culture has gone as well. I have enjoyed all three seasons, but thought 2 was the weakest of them. But then again I was the guy in high school who would take advantage of my vocal talents and do my best Peter Cetera falsetto to get closer than the Book of Mormon limits on slow dances.
                      “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

The second season is stupid. I've certainly seen worse, but it isn't good television.
                        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

I finished season 3 over the weekend. This show is dumb. But I love it. It's mindless fun and I don't mind being hit over the head with the call backs. Then again, my MySpace was entirely Karate Kid themed.
                          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                            I finished season 3 over the weekend. This show is dumb. But I love it. It's mindless fun and I don't mind being hit over the head with the call backs. Then again, my MySpace was entirely Karate Kid themed.
                            Don’t be ashamed it’s awesome fun. How ridiculous was the final fight scene in Daniels house? Lol I was giggling the entire time but in a good way.

Season 1 was awesome, S2 was ok, S3 could be a launch pad to something pretty awesome.

The older players are incredible, can’t wait until (hopefully) they bring back Terry Silver.

Comment

Originally posted by fusnik View Post

Don’t be ashamed it’s awesome fun. How ridiculous was the final fight scene in Daniels house? Lol I was giggling the entire time but in a good way.

Season 1 was awesome, S2 was ok, S3 could be a launch pad to something pretty awesome.

The older players are incredible, can’t wait until (hopefully) they bring back Terry Silver.

Yeah that scene was ridiculous. In fact, Gidget came home just as it was happening and she hasn't seen a single episode. She asked what I was watching and I said Cobra Kai. Then she remarked, they're just fighting in a house? Yes.
                              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

Comment

Finally watched it and loved it all. Favorite part of it was hearing Johnny's take on Top Gun.

Comment

Working...
                                X