Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you know this streams on Amazon Instant Video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    A very strong recommendation for One Night in Miami that tells the story of the night Cassius Clay won the Heavyweight title. Most of the movie centers on the post-fight meeting of Clay, Jim Brown, Sam Cooke, and Malcolm X, four of the most famous black men in America at that time who got together at a black motel at Malcolm's request, thinking there was going to be a major celebration party, but discovered the purpose was for something else.. The dialogue is imagined but very good as Malcolm X tells the others why they need to take a stronger stand for black empowerment. Cassius Clay became Ali shortly after that and the viewer gets a clearer idea why--a lot of interesting history in the movie, despite a fair amount of poetic license taken in the storytelling. We've had some interesting discussions since.

Thanks for this recommendation. I am going to watch this tonight. Sounds really interesting.
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• I watched the Coming to America sequel last night. I liked the first one a lot, but this one was really bad. Aside from the barbershop scenes, there was nothing similar to entertainment in the movie.
      "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
        I watched the Coming to America sequel last night. I liked the first one a lot, but this one was really bad. Aside from the barbershop scenes, there was nothing similar to entertainment in the movie.
        That's disappointing. I was thinking about watching it this weekend. Maybe not.
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Without Remorse is an abomination. The novel was one of Clancy's best books and had a very compelling storyline that would have translated magnificently to film. The Amazon version runs with a storyline that doesn't resemble the book other than it is about revenge. Lame

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post

That's disappointing. I was thinking about watching it this weekend. Maybe not.
            I found great joy in the sequel. Some extremely funny parts that in my opinion far outstrip the original. Not as complete of a movie and of course it's not Eddie Murphy in his prime, but I laughed pretty hard.

I say make up your own mind.
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• I do use a streaming service, but I would never want to only have a streaming service for movies and classic TV.

I can watch my Blu-Ray of "In a Lonely Place," or I can shell out $12.99 to watch it with my Amazon Prime (and when they choose to make it available). Netflix and the other streaming services don't even have it.

We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

• So excited to see The Tomorrow War on Amazon Prime dropping tomorrow. Yeah, I know it borrows a lot from Tom Cruise's "Edge of Tomorrow," but I loved Edge of Tomorrow. Good to see that Chris Pratt is in fighting form for this movie

Last edited by Katy Lied; 07-01-2021, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• So, the final season of Bosch is on Prime now. I've got to admit that I'm a little disappointed with this last season so far. I won't give any spoilers about the plot but the acting seems wooden and stiff. And it's the most "silent" thing I've ever seen - there seems to be very little background/mood music involved and very few sound effects. Something's just "off" about the production - almost like they couldn't get it edited correctly because of COVID or something.

Comment

• Speaking of Bosch, a new "spin-off" has been announced. Bosch as a P.I. after he leaves the force. Maddie will be in it, as well as Honey Chandler.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• VAL: The documentary about Val Kilmer by Val Kilmer & family is amazingly fun, touching humbling and profoundly moving as you see his deep connection to his family and kids are to him. Being able to know more about him, his family and what motivates him on a personal level brings anyone rooting for him to succeed in life.

It deserves to win some awards..

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                        VAL: The documentary about Val Kilmer by Val Kilmer & family is amazingly fun, touching humbling and profoundly moving as you see his deep connection to his family and kids are to him. Being able to know more about him, his family and what motivates him on a personal level brings anyone rooting for him to succeed in life.

It deserves to win some awards..
                        I enjoyed it. I wasn't aware of his one-man Mark Twain show.
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Anyone watch/watching LuLaRich? I am two episodes into it. These folks disgust me.

Do we have somewhere on here where we have discussed the propensity of LDS people that create, run, or are sucked into MLM's? And why they are so gullible? Makes me sick.

When I hear someone say "We aren't in the XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX business, we are in the people business...." that is a flag.

Comment

• We watched "My Kid Could Paint That" last night. Award-winning documentary about the child prodigy Marla Olmstead. She rocked the art world 20 years ago with her abstract art as a 4-yr-old. But was she really creating the art? Interesting ride.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                              Anyone watch/watching LuLaRich? I am two episodes into it. These folks disgust me.

Do we have somewhere on here where we have discussed the propensity of LDS people that create, run, or are sucked into MLM's? And why they are so gullible? Makes me sick.

When I hear someone say "We aren't in the XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX business, we are in the people business...." that is a flag.
                              My wife and I have watched 2.5 episodes. If really bad, horrible things don't happen to them in episode 4, I will be sorely disappointed. I hate everything about them.

Sorry, that's note very Christ-like of me.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

My wife and I have watched 2.5 episodes. If really bad, horrible things don't happen to them in episode 4, I will be sorely disappointed. I hate everything about them.

Sorry, that's note very Christ-like of me.
                                Mild spoiler alert:
                                Spoiler for Vague description of how it ends:
                                Prepare for disappointment and for a total lack of contrition on their part.

Comment

Working...
                                X