Binge-Watching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by falafel View Post
    I binge watched season 1, watched season 2 one or two episodes at a time, then binge-watched each subsequent season after it was complete. So kind of a hybrid in that I actually spent 6 years with the characters, but only for about 2 weeks out of the year. I would describe my connection with the LOST characters in the same way you have.
    I binge-watched season 1 and half of season 2. Then I quit, because that show is total crap.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
      Round one (Thur. and Fri.) of March Madness.

Does that count?
      Actually March Madness is half binge watching (the first few days), followed by serial watching (the following weeks).

I think that binge watching March Madness gives me the necessary face time to learn about all the teams, and to develop my favorites. I definitely would not put up with watching all that basketball week after week for two months if they didn't start off with games round the clock.

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
        Actually March Madness is half binge watching (the first few days), followed by serial watching (the following weeks).

I think that binge watching March Madness gives me the necessary face time to learn about all the teams, and to develop my favorites. I definitely would not put up with watching all that basketball week after week for two months if they didn't start off with games round the clock.
        The FIFA World Cup is serial watching (two years) followed by binge watching.
        "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Ha, just reading this thread makes me realize how many I missed listing. I'm with Lebowski, I think it'd be easier to name the ones that I don't binge.

Comment

My wife suggested that we binge on Dowton Abbey. Is it worth it? It's On Demand now.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
            -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
              My wife suggested that we binge on Dowton Abbey. Is it worth it? It's On Demand now.
              will you be sitting next to each other or in separate chairs? If it's the latter then I'd say no.
              Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
              God forgives many things for an act of mercy
              Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

wow... that bad huh... Walking Dead it is.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                  Same here. I have not seen a single episode and I want to see every episode.
                  I have recorded the current season but have been wanting to watch the others. Where is it available?
                  I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

Downton Abbey season 1
                    Breaking Bad seasons 1-3
                    Mad Men seasons 1-3
                    White Collar
                    Arrested Development
                    Desperate Housewives, all 8 seasons
                    30 Rock, however many seasons are on Netflix
                    Pushing Daisies
                    Better Off Ted
                    Raising Hope
                    What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
                    -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                      wow... that bad huh... Walking Dead it is.
                      nah, it's not thaaat bad. But I'm always of the opinion that certain shows fall into the quid pro quo category. Any melodrama qualifies as such.
                      Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                      God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                      Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Party Down
                        The Wire
                        Dowton
                        Big Love (burned out and didn't finish)
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

Comment

I'm binge watching "it's always sunny in Philadelphia" now. Funny as hell.

Have done Dexter, breaking bad, Larry sanders, mad men, arrested development, freaks and geeks, and lots of others.

Comment

The wife and I are bingeing on 24 right now. I think she has a thing for Jack Bauer.

Comment

I don't watch much of anything that is recent, or that you can't at least get a whole season of. Mostly on Netflix or Hulu.

But lately I find stuff on YouTube and binge watch that. Most recently it's Matt's Off Road Recovery out of Hurricane Utah. I've probably watched 50 episodes over the past few days.

Channels where I've watched at least 20 episodes:
                              • Matt's Off Road Recovery.
                              • MadRam11 or Busted Knuckle Films. Any channel that includes Tim Cameron. I love watching Rock Bouncers.
                              • VinWiki - This is mostly people talking about fast cars, buying and selling exotic cars, speeding at way over the speed limit, interaction with police, valet parking stories and more.
                              • Ozzy Man Reviews - strong language, but he has some funny stuff. Mostly reviewing other people's videos with his unique viewpoint. Can't help but smile at a lot of them.
                              • Mark Rober - Famous for glitter bomb packages, but he does some other cool stuff too. Lately he's been trying to bring down scammers.
                              • Jay Leno's Garage - I enjoy the reviews of the various old cars in his collection and stuff people bring in.
                              • Johnny Carson Carnac - I've quit watching most of the recent late night stuff, but there is some great stuff from a few decades back.
                              What else is worth binge watching on YouTube?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
                                What else is worth binge watching on YouTube?
                                Taskmaster

Comment

Working...
                                X