No announcement yet.

I have a bad feeling about this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Williams' scores are gold. They lend gravitas to the kids' movies that were the prequels (and the rest of them, actually. Do you know how bad the original would have sucked without his score?). Duel of the Fates is arguably the best composition of the entire saga. I also really like Ludwig Goransson's work on the Mandalorian. I think Rogue One's score was fine and all, but the soundtrack was a bit jarring at first in its non-John Williams essence.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post

I agree, with the exception that Rogue One was the best product since the original trilogy and in my mind exceeds the original. For me it was the perfect Star Wars movie, so I knew Andor would likely deliver. It was a VERY slow burn at first but I was ok with it and had full confidence it would pay off, which it absolutely did the second half of the season. Unlike Book of Boba Fett which I gave up on and Obi-Wan which I am having a hard time getting excited about.
      Most modern SW is a mix of fan service with a bit too much action and and ridiculous feats of accomplishment. Andor has been a great change of pace. The storyline is compelling and something that could exist outside of sci-fi or fantasy. When the action happens in Andor, it really hits because you haven't been inundated. One of my favorite scenes in the series was when Luthen escapes the imperial patrol/arrestor cruiser. No filler or fluff at all. It was one of the most bad ass scenes in all of SW and it was like 3 minutes.

Comment

• Watched the latest Mandalorian episode today. It is directed by Carl Weathers and JarJar Binks makes an appearance.

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
          Watched the latest Mandalorian episode today. It is directed by Carl Weathers and JarJar Binks makes an appearance.
          Does the trans character make another appearance?
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

I'm guessing you are referring to the last episode, but this episode is completely different, so no.
            This episode is mostly people wearing helmets (mandos/troopers), flying monsters, jedis, and baby Yoda.

Comment

• How about a stew? Does a stew make an appearance?

Comment

• I don't remember anyone eating stew. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the Mandalorian or clone troopers were named Stew though.

Also, lots of Lake Powell shots in the episode.

Comment

• The Mandalorian is fun to watch in terms of a fun spectacle, but in terms of acting, script, characters, plot, etc. it is laughably inferior to Andor.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

The Mandalorian is fun to watch in terms of a fun spectacle, but in terms of acting, script, characters, plot, etc. it is laughably inferior to Andor.
                    The Mandalorian is more Star Wars, which has its roots in the semi-campy Saturday morning serials Lucas used to go to as a kid. The expansion of the franchise has led to a lot of more non-traditional Star Wars, like Andor, which has made fans out of people who really aren't into Star Wars.

As for the Mandalorian- this season is moving fast-- I'm loving it.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Is that traitor lady (guy) trans? That makes sense! I think I was subconsciously having a bit of a time figuring out their gender.

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                        Watched the latest Mandalorian episode today. It is directed by Carl Weathers and JarJar Binks makes an appearance.
                        I didn't know it was him until I saw his name in the credits. At first I thought it was Sterling K. Brown.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post

The Mandalorian is more Star Wars, which has its roots in the semi-campy Saturday morning serials Lucas used to go to as a kid. The expansion of the franchise has led to a lot of more non-traditional Star Wars, like Andor, which has made fans out of people who really aren't into Star Wars.

Campy. That is the word I was looking for.

Comment

The Mandalorian is fun to watch in terms of a fun spectacle, but in terms of acting, script, characters, plot, etc. it is laughably inferior to Andor.
                            This is correct. It's a shame the Andor world has a defined end that was already made in Rogue One, because I could watch 10 more movies made in this time period.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post

This is correct. It's a shame the Andor world has a defined end that was already made in Rogue One, because I could watch 10 more movies made in this time period.
                              Well, you're getting another season of Andor... which amounts to about 10 more movies made in this time period...

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post

I sort of agree, but the dialogue and delivery of every Mandalorian this season has just been subpar. They didn't speak this way in the Clone Wars, but maybe this sect is just different that way. I'm a bit annoyed by the clan is general. I think it's boring and kind grating. So the last two episodes have been blah for me. I could see that this is a deliberate choice in how they are portrayed though. Like this is the emotion I'm suppose to feel and they are setting something up. I sure hope that's what is going on.

I've actually enjoyed this season of the Bad Batch more than the Mandalorian.

Comment

Working...
                                X