• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Umm. Wow. What a finish
      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• Kathleen Kennedy did not mention the Book of Boba Fett in her Lucasfilm presentation last week, obviously to preserve the spoiler in the Mandalorian finale. Boba has been so great and has lived up to the hype George Lucas created back in the SW Holiday Special.

So... that's 4 tv series contemporary with the Mandalorian's time frame. A lot of fun tv ahead. You thought Marvel was big? We haven't seen anything yet...
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
          Umm. Wow. What a finish
          Yeah, loved it. The whole Mando series has been great so far. A little campy, but it’s Star Wars so you expect campy.
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
            Swish!
            I was kinda hoping for a combo of Luke and Leah. Paying homage to Fisher after her death. I seem to recall a scene where her and Luke are training and she abruptly stops and leaves. I figured this would fit the timeline well, but this was a SW fan’s dream. I was so stoked!

Even CGI Luke looked good.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
              I was kinda hoping for a combo of Luke and Leah. Paying homage to Fisher after her death. I seem to recall a scene where her and Luke are training and she abruptly stops and leaves. I figured this would fit the timeline well, but this was a SW fan’s dream. I was so stoked!

Even CGI Luke looked good.

Really? I thought it fell in the uncanny valley pretty hard. In particular the way his mouth moved while he spoke just looked way off. Am I the only one?
              "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
              "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
              This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
              "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
              "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
                Really? I thought it fell in the uncanny valley pretty hard. In particular the way his mouth moved while he spoke just looked way off. Am I the only one?
                I definitely thought we were farther along with the technology than that showed.

Comment

• Geez. Some people are never happy. I didn't expect a perfect recreation of young luke.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
                    I meant the look of Luke a d thought it looked more real then I have seen any other real person. The speaking may have been a bit by off but I did not care at all. Was totally enjoying the moment..

Comment

• I watched the Mandolorian.

I enjoyed it.

I caught Pokemon while watching it. I didn't get any shiny during the entire time I watched it.
                      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        Geez. Some people are never happy. I didn't expect a perfect recreation of young luke.
                        Mark Hamill was involved, too. I'm sure they can clean it up a bit more in post, but it was pretty awesome.
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• I'm coming back 4 months later as a seasoned veteran. I started watching Rebels with my son (7 1/2 years old) things were great until the last two episodes of season 2. Maul absolutely terrified him. I started watching ahead to maybe better prepare him as we continued watching. We are still slowly making our way through the complete series with him but at least he calmed a bit when Maul was dealt with. I have watched Rebels and have now completed the Clone Wars series. No way my son could make it through that series right now. There is some dark content throughout.

Just a couple of quick thoughts on both. I liked Rebels. I have gotten a little tired of the arc devoted to a single family with a few other characters sprinkled in. The fact that these few characters are so consequential seems dumb to me. I like that the story of Rebels focused on the liberation of Lothal, mostly independent of the Skywalker saga.

The Clone Wars confirmed what I long suspected, that the Jedi Council were bad guys and even Yoda had terrible beliefs that led to Anakin's downfall. And this nonsense from Yoda was even peddled to Luke, which he rightly ignored. Plus, using clones to fight a war is way more immoral than using a droid army. Just let these systems do what they want.

Also, Ashoka is just a great character. I love her overall arc and her leaving the order. Outside of Luke, she is my favorite character.

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post

The Clone Wars confirmed what I long suspected, that the Jedi Council were bad guys and even Yoda had terrible beliefs that led to Anakin's downfall. And this nonsense from Yoda was even peddled to Luke, which he rightly ignored. Plus, using clones to fight a war is way more immoral than using a droid army. Just let these systems do what they want.

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
                              I'm coming back 4 months later as a seasoned veteran. I started watching Rebels with my son (7 1/2 years old) things were great until the last two episodes of season 2. Maul absolutely terrified him. I started watching ahead to maybe better prepare him as we continued watching. We are still slowly making our way through the complete series with him but at least he calmed a bit when Maul was dealt with. I have watched Rebels and have now completed the Clone Wars series. No way my son could make it through that series right now. There is some dark content throughout.

Just a couple of quick thoughts on both. I liked Rebels. I have gotten a little tired of the arc devoted to a single family with a few other characters sprinkled in. The fact that these few characters are so consequential seems dumb to me. I like that the story of Rebels focused on the liberation of Lothal, mostly independent of the Skywalker saga.

Also, Ashoka is just a great character. I love her overall arc and her leaving the order. Outside of Luke, she is my favorite character.
                              I'm glad Ahsoka and Thrawn are living on via the Ahsoka show coming next year(?) to Disney+. I suspect we are getting Ezra and Sabine, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post

I'm glad Ahsoka and Thrawn are living on via the Ahsoka show coming next year(?) to Disney+. I suspect we are getting Ezra and Sabine, too.
                                Yeah, although I hope they do better with Ashoka's appearance than what we saw in the Mandalorian episode. Her head peice looked like it was made by a high school play design team. Still not sure how I feel about Rosario Dawson as Ashoka. We might even see a cameo of her in the Bad Batch.

I hope one day we get a story told of her time from Order 66 to Rebels.

I really hope we eventually see an animated series of all the important characters post ROTJ. Obviously can't do a live action series. It was great seeing Luke's appearance in the Mandalorian. I need to see Luke in his prime (and maybe an effort to de-canonize the sequels, but I ask too much).

Comment

Working...
                                X