• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’d watch a show where this got created

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.d...bsbabA8Zfy2fwc

**And I don’t agree with that in the workplace**

Comment

• My collection of DVDs and Blu Rays is better than anything Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, etc. will ever offer.

Streaming services are the new radio stations, complete with payola. Worse, they've added premium fees, artificially created scarcity, creepy surveillance, and forced ads to the mix.

What a rip off.

I will now practice my best old coot voice so I can say these things to unwilling passersby with abandon.
      We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
        My collection of DVDs and Blu Rays is better than anything Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, etc. will ever offer.

Streaming services are the new radio stations, complete with payola. Worse, they've added premium fees, artificially created scarcity, creepy surveillance, and forced ads to the mix.

What a rip off.

I will now practice my best old coot voice so I can say these things to unwilling passersby with abandon.
        The only streaming services that have ads for me are HULU because it come bundled with my Disney+, and ESPN+. I wouldn’t pay for it otherwise. The other is Amazon prime that sometimes has an ad at the beginning of a show. Once again, not something I would usually pay for, but since we are getting prime for the home deliveries anyways (and it also includes music and photos), no big whoop.

Yeah these groups track me. The worst is probably Amazon. I’m much more concerned about my Alexa service than my video service.

I did find it funny that the documentary about the evils of social media trying to get you to pay attention as much as possible was on Netflix, a service that absolutely employs that tactic. Something that any service trying to make a profit should.

Comment

• It's not great by any means, but Death to 2020 is a little better than its 29% Rotten Tomatoes rating might suggest. It's a faux documentary with appearances by Samuel L. Jackson, Hugh Grant, Leslie Jones, Lisa Kudrow (who does a nice job as a Kayleigh McEnany surrogate), and Tracey Ullman as QE2. It's actually a pretty good recap of the entire year. Set your expectations bar to "very low", as mine was, and you'll be entertained. I was looking for something to distract me while indoor cycling and it did the trick.

Comment

• I'm really looking forward to seeing this. I think it premiers Jan 8th.

"The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
              It's not great by any means, but Death to 2020 is a little better than its 29% Rotten Tomatoes rating might suggest. It's a faux documentary with appearances by Samuel L. Jackson, Hugh Grant, Leslie Jones, Lisa Kudrow (who does a nice job as a Kayleigh McEnany surrogate), and Tracey Ullman as QE2. It's actually a pretty good recap of the entire year. Set your expectations bar to "very low", as mine was, and you'll be entertained. I was looking for something to distract me while indoor cycling and it did the trick.
              So it's basically the same thing as those VH1 'best week ever' programs where celebrities would cackle in front of a green screen and dunk on everything that happened that week? You bastard- I'm in.
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• "The Queen's Gambit" was interesting enough to watch till the end, but not much more. The dialogue was pretty average. Which is a shame because it is an interesting story. There were minutes of chess play time that could have been replaced by fleshing out other aspects of Beth's life.
                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
                  My collection of DVDs and Blu Rays is better than anything Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, etc. will ever offer.

What a rip off.

I like watching things I haven't seen before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                    "The Queen's Gambit" was interesting enough to watch till the end, but not much more. The dialogue was pretty average. Which is a shame because it is an interesting story. There were minutes of chess play time that could have been replaced by fleshing out other aspects of Beth's life.
                    I don’t usually watch things much further than the end anyway.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

It's not great by any means, but Death to 2020 is a little better than its 29% Rotten Tomatoes rating might suggest. It's a faux documentary with appearances by Samuel L. Jackson, Hugh Grant, Leslie Jones, Lisa Kudrow (who does a nice job as a Kayleigh McEnany surrogate), and Tracey Ullman as QE2. It's actually a pretty good recap of the entire year. Set your expectations bar to "very low", as mine was, and you'll be entertained. I was looking for something to distract me while indoor cycling and it did the trick.
                      Ha ha I agree with your review and I watched it on the exercise bike as well.

Mildly amusing — a little bit more than an hour was long enough though!

Comment

I enjoyed it too, although it felt a little “too soon” for some of the jokes.

Comment

• I haven't finished yet, but I am enjoying Lupin. French show that is #1 show in the world right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                            I haven't finished yet, but I am enjoying Lupin. French show that is #1 show in the world right now.
                            I binged it in a couple of days. Was disappointed when I ran out of episodes.
                            "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post

I binged it in a couple of days. Was disappointed when I ran out of episodes.
                              yeah, only 5 episodes

Comment

• I watched the Nightstalker doc.-- wow! I guess I was just a little too young to follow this thing when it was going on in the 80s, although I vaguely remember that name. One of the best 'murder docs' yet.
                                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Working...
                                X