The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post

I haven't had a chance to play it just yet, but my kid loves it. He forgot to bring it last time he came over. However, he is already talking smack to me about how he is going to destroy me at it. He is probably right. I barely can beat him at Mario Tennis.
    Don't play him head to head until you do a few hours in 'Adventure Mode,' which includes tutorials on how to do things like adjust your shooting and putting in the rain, backspin, topspin, etc. Of course he'd destroy you on a dry run with zero knowledge of the nuances of the game...
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post

Don't play him head to head until you do a few hours in 'Adventure Mode,' which includes tutorials on how to do things like adjust your shooting and putting in the rain, backspin, topspin, etc. Of course he'd destroy you on a dry run with zero knowledge of the nuances of the game...
      Oh he will destroy me after I learn those things as well. He has already had a little more than a week with it. The kid is good at video games. That is not me as a parent playing him up, he is just good. He 100% Hollow Knight. I played Hollow Knight, it is a challenging game. I actually gave up on the final boss.
      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Thank you all for the input. As usual, the wife has good instincts on this. We'll go with the Switch right now.

Comment

What is 'stick wars?'

Your guess is as good as mine. Some sort of battle strategy game for kids I guess.

Originally posted by Commando View Post
          The Switch is great for kids. It has Minecraft in spades and also all the Mario/Zelda/Metroid games that are pretty indispensable. The Switch also has more of the weird indie games and board games for the family, so there's a lot there. The XBox is great for Minecraft, too, and as a higher performance machine it has the good Star Wars games you're looking for (Battlefront, Squadrons, Fallen Order). The Switch has the older Star Wars games that were previously available on older systems like Pod Racer, Republic Commando, and Jedi Knight Academy, but that's about it.

It's kind of a real Sophie's choice, but on the other hand you kind of can't go wrong.
          I know some friends that have fun playing Battlefront and Fallen Order, but I haven't really found the time to get into it. I'm afraid it will suck up what little free time I have. I haven't upgraded my desktop PC in 8 years and really only use an HP laptop now. Not sure if it would even be powerful enough for gaming.

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post

Your guess is as good as mine. Some sort of battle strategy game for kids I guess.

I know some friends that have fun playing Battlefront and Fallen Order, but I haven't really found the time to get into it. I'm afraid it will suck up what little free time I have. I haven't upgraded my desktop PC in 8 years and really only use an HP laptop now. Not sure if it would even be powerful enough for gaming.
            I don't really like online gaming, but the campaign mode on Battlefront 2 was exquisite and required gaming for any SW fan that adds quite a bit to SW canon. Same with Fallen Order. I mean- if nothing else go on youtube and watch the cinematic sequences. Some of the best SW content to be released since the Disney acquisition... and before, tbh.
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

I don't really like online gaming, but the campaign mode on Battlefront 2 was exquisite and required gaming for any SW fan that adds quite a bit to SW canon. Same with Fallen Order. I mean- if nothing else go on youtube and watch the cinematic sequences. Some of the best SW content to be released since the Disney acquisition... and before, tbh.
              I'm too busy streaming Warzone on Twitch for that. Lol.

But I keep waiting to get a bundle deal on some of the SW stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post

I'm too busy streaming Warzone on Twitch for that. Lol.

But I keep waiting to get a bundle deal on some of the SW stuff.
                I think Microsoft was having a killer deal on games-- it might still be going on. I think those games ranged from $3 to $15. OR you could do a trial subscription to Xbox Ultimate Gamepass and all those EA SW games are included. It's 15 bucks a month after that for however long it takes you to be done w the games, so kind of a steal.

Comment

Working...
                X