Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "last movie I saw" thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

    I'm thanking you now, will download later.
    Uh.. technically your thank you was dealt later.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

    Comment


    • What is happening with Taylor Sheridan? I used to admire everything he touched, but now Yellowstone current season is unexplicably delayed, "Those Who Want me Dead" with Angelina Jolie was an absolute abortion of a movie, and Michael B. Jordan's new Tom Clancy franchise, "Without Remorse" was a snooze fest. How could Sheridan mess that up- all he had to do was convert Clancy's thriller of a novel into a screenplay, but he took everything that the book had going for it and tossed it in the trash bin.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Commando View Post

        Uh.. technically your thank you was dealt later.
        how soon is now?
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Commando View Post

          I think I've missed a lot of cultural references by not having seen this. Do you happen to know if it's streaming?
          I'm glad DH set you up. When you watch this film, expect it to sit on you for several days.
          We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by old_gregg View Post

            how soon is now?
            I'm never sure until DH weighs in
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

            Comment


            • Luca. Bottom Pixar tier. Few chuckles. Contrived story. Nice animation.
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                Luca. Bottom Pixar tier. Few chuckles. Contrived story. Nice animation.
                I don't remember if it is Moli or DH...but I will wait for their updated rankings. Lol.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                  Luca. Bottom Pixar tier. Few chuckles. Contrived story. Nice animation.
                  Disagree. We really liked it.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                    Luca. Bottom Pixar tier. Few chuckles. Contrived story. Nice animation.
                    I was going to weigh in saying it was maybe my favorite Pixar movie.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Commando View Post

                      I was going to weigh in saying it was maybe my favorite Pixar movie.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                      Comment


                      • During the last week of June through mid-July I love to watch:

                        Jaws
                        Vacation
                        Meatballs
                        Rear Window
                        The Birds
                        The Burbs
                        We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

                        Comment


                        • I always enjoy 60's-centered documentaries as they're like watching home movies from my childhood and youth. While I'm very familiar with the Woodstock and Altamont rock festivals in 1969 (as an attendee!), I had no knowledge of the Harlem Cultural Festival that took place between those events. But 40+ hours of previously undiscovered film footage of the event have been distilled into Summer of Soul, a two-hour recap of the event that is one of the best things I've viewed in a long time. Some great music (you may not like all of it, but anyone who doesn't love the Gladys Knight and the Pips' performance about midway through is irredeemable) but also a lot of fascinating history that is very useful in the context of today's CRT/1619/1776 discussions. It deserves its very high ratings (99% Rotten Tomatoes/ 8.3 IMDB). Questlove put this thing together and he'll be Oscar-nominated. It's free on Hulu.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                            I always enjoy 60's-centered documentaries as they're like watching home movies from my childhood and youth. While I'm very familiar with the Woodstock and Altamont rock festivals in 1969 (as an attendee!), I had no knowledge of the Harlem Cultural Festival that took place between those events. But 40+ hours of previously undiscovered film footage of the event have been distilled into Summer of Soul, a two-hour recap of the event that is one of the best things I've viewed in a long time. Some great music (you may not like all of it, but anyone who doesn't love the Gladys Knight and the Pips' performance about midway through is irredeemable) but also a lot of fascinating history that is very useful in the context of today's CRT/1619/1776 discussions. It deserves its very high ratings (99% Rotten Tomatoes/ 8.3 IMDB). Questlove put this thing together and he'll be Oscar-nominated. It's free on Hulu.
                            Been waiting to check this out! Looks like you got the drop on it.
                            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                            Comment


                            • Spirit Untamed.

                              The children enjoyed it, and it was nice to be together in a theater for the first time in probably a year and a half.
                              "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

                              "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

                              Comment


                              • I saw Stillwater last night and liked it a lot. It's a certainty that Matt Damon is nominated for an Oscar for his performance.
                                "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X