The 2021 Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by happyone View Post
    Most here probably won't know who he is but, James Hornfischer - one of my favorite, as well as one the finest of the "modern" naval historians passed away yesterday

His trilogy on WW II in the Pacific is IMnotsoHO as master piece - too damn young - he was born in 1965

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_D._Hornfischer
    I read The Fleet at Flood Tide. Great book. Yeah way too young.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Jim Fassel, former Utah Head Football Coach. He did some of the wackiest things on offense that I've ever seen.

He was 71

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...XsU?li=BBnb7Kz

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• RIP Ned Beatty.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

• John McFee dead from an apparent suicide.

I wonder if his deadman's switch will now be triggered...

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
            John McFee dead from an apparent suicide.

I wonder if his deadman's switch will now be triggered...

I’ll bet he has a whale of a tale to tell.
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Woman Bishop of Episcopalian church in Utah. Grew up Latter Day Saint. Divorce alcoholism became preacher.

Comment

• Originally posted by grapevine View Post
                Woman Bishop of Episcopalian church in Utah. Grew up Latter Day Saint. Divorce alcoholism became preacher.
                Beat me to it

Comment

• Originally posted by grapevine View Post
                  Woman Bishop of Episcopalian church in Utah. Grew up Latter Day Saint. Divorce alcoholism became preacher.
                  The fact that her death is noticed, makes me think that that the world is better that she didn't just remain a married, sober LDS sister.
                  "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Rumsfeld. One way to measure your success - if SNL did a parody of you.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post

The fact that her death is noticed, makes me think that that the world is better that she didn't just remain a married, sober LDS sister.
                      nope, still have no idea who she is

Biz Markie on the other hand is still alive despite reports to the contrary. Unfortunately he is said to be on hospice.

Comment

• Goonies Never Say Die.

R.I.P. Richard Donner.
                        Last edited by Sleeping in EQ; 07-06-2021, 03:57 PM.
                        We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

• Robby Steinhardt, rock legend from Kansas dead at 71.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                            Robby Steinhardt, rock legend from Kansas dead at 71.
                            Couldn't buy another minute.
                            "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Jackie Mason, 93.
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                                Jackie Mason, 93.
                                I read his obit. Interesting life. All his brothers, father, grandfather, great-grandfather, and great-great fathers all rabbis. He became one also, and then quit right after his father died.
                                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                                - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                                X