The 2021 Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo 11 Astronaut Michael Collins Dies

The "forgotten astronaut" is remembered.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Tawny Kitaen, 59, of Whitesnake and on top of cars music video fame. I think I was 16 when the video for 'Here I Go Again' came out. One day my good friend excitedly told me to watch the video, and that I'd know why he was so excited when I saw it. When I finally saw it, the infamous slip had already been edited out and I had lost my chance.
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

Comment

It's a sad day for goatnapper.
        "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
          Tawny Kitaen, 59, of Whitesnake and on top of cars music video fame. I think I was 16 when the video for 'Here I Go Again' came out. One day my good friend excitedly told me to watch the video, and that I'd know why he was so excited when I saw it. When I finally saw it, the infamous slip had already been edited out and I had lost my chance.
          A good example - of bad - plastic surgery.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
          -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Charles Grodin, 86.

I know I've seen him in a few films, but the one that stands out for me is 'The Incredible Shrinking Woman'. For whatever reason, I must have watched that a dozen times when we had HBO. Loved it. I am afraid to watch it now.
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

Charles Grodin, 86.

I know I've seen him in a few films, but the one that stands out for me is 'The Incredible Shrinking Woman'. For whatever reason, I must have watched that a dozen times when we had HBO. Loved it. I am afraid to watch it now.
              His Letterman bits were must-watch, and The Heartbreak Kid is one of the best comedies Hollywood has every created.
              "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

Paul Mooney-- 79. Writer for Richard Pryor and a million other comedians. He had some great bits on the Chappelle Show, too. He's a legend for sure.
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Charles Grodin, 86.

I thought he was really great in Beethoven.

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                    Paul Mooney-- 79. Writer for Richard Pryor and a million other comedians. He had some great bits on the Chappelle Show, too. He's a legend for sure.
                    His airplanes were among the best too.

That's for you Paul!

Comment

• Mark Eaton died. This makes me very sad
                      https://kutv.com/news/local/former-u...dies-at-age-64

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                        Mark Eaton died. This makes me very sad
                        https://kutv.com/news/local/former-u...dies-at-age-64
                        Oh wow that’s young. The article mentions a bike ride. I wonder if it was a bike accident.

He was a surprise guest at my wedding luncheon. Well, he appeared for a few seconds in the hallway.
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

• Capt Stubing - Gavin McCloud has past, he was 90

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebri...cid=uxbndlbing

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• Originally posted by happyone View Post
                            Capt Stubing - Gavin McCloud has past, he was 90

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebri...cid=uxbndlbing
                            I totally forgot he was on the Mary Tyler Moore Show.
                            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

I totally forgot he was on the Mary Tyler Moore Show.
                              He was also the wing man to Donald Sutherland in Kelly's Hero's. This is a great video clip of him and Sutherland making movie magic.

Comment

• Most here probably won't know who he is but, James Hornfischer - one of my favorite, as well as one the finest of the "modern" naval historians passed away yesterday

His trilogy on WW II in the Pacific is IMnotsoHO as master piece - too damn young - he was born in 1965

No Obit available yet here is his wiki entry

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_D._Hornfischer

Edit - his obit
                                Obituary
                                Last edited by happyone; 06-03-2021, 05:57 AM.

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Working...
                                X