Swampfrog's Yellowstone, Teton, Eastern Oregon trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    Wow living in Arizona for 10 years and near Eastern Oregon for 14 I've never seen a rattlesnake in the wild. I've heard them underneath rocks though.

Congrats!
    This was a youngster. The "rocks" are gravel road. We were on our way out of Leslie Gulch, and we ran across two of then staying warm on the gravel road.

Comment

Originally posted by swampfrog View Post

Two light sources make it look funky/weird. The car's lights are hitting it from the the left and I flashed it from the front.
      The lighting probably plays a part, but I was more drawn by the positioning of the head in the middle of the pile of snake and the way the scales on the snake below the head kind of focus the attention on the head.
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post

The lighting probably plays a part, but I was more drawn by the positioning of the head in the middle of the pile of snake and the way the scales on the snake below the head kind of focus the attention on the head.
        Interesting. The positioning of the head, looking dead on at the camera, has the exact opposite effect on me. No way am I sticking along to shoot its portrait.
        τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Comment

Love the forth one down. *Very cool colors.

*Disclaimer: I am partially color-blind, so take that for what it's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post

Lol.

"I can't taste a thing, but this food is delicious!"
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Lol.

"I can't taste a thing, but this food is delicious!"
                I love Mrs Diddley's cooking!

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post

I'm not color blind - and I thought the 4th stood out too.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                  -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post

The contrast may be what pushes it above some of the rest. Contrast and color are tightly interwoven as added contrast also tends to saturate the colors.

Comment

• Returning to Steens Mountain

Comment

• I love all those landscape photos. The colors are amazing.
                          "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
                            I love all those landscape photos. The colors are amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post

They're not that great. Bo's not missing out on much.

lI'emUPnotOTrserNiousk,OxZsWwPampPfGrBoHg.yXYThoWsWeMKEcrolSoirsgMNaPreRMamdahzifnHggwbuUtOHIBhfseeRlYiubbadFAthatfUcBoQZhisrmjiWsqsuingAqFountQ.F
                              "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                              "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                              This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                              "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                              "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post

They're not that great. Bo's not missing out on much.

lI'emUPnotOTrserNiousk,OxZsWwPampPfGrBoHg.yXYThoWsWeMKEcrolSoirsgMNaPreRMamdahzifnHggwbuUtOHIBhfseeRlYiubbadFAthatfUcBoQZhisrmjiWsqsuingAqFountQ.F
                                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                                X