X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2020 Deaths Thread

Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
    I have great memories of watching Jeopardy as a child with my mother
    I generally don’t find game shows (or reality tv) entertaining, but like you I have fond memories of my parents watching the show. I didn’t realize how old he was, he looked great for his age.
    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
      Lol. You really muffed that tribute.
      LOL.. Oh well. Still love the dude and will truly miss him. [emoji2369]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
        Lol. You really muffed that tribute.
        A thousand years from now, nobody will care that Brock muffed the tribute.

Comment

• I've probably seen about 3,000 of the 8,000 Jeopardy shows. He will be missed.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
          -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• I don't know if anyone else cares, but another of Lombardi's Packers passed - the Golden Boy and according to Lombardi, the best player he ever coached - Paul Hornung

https://www.packers.com/news/paul-ho...ers-dies-at-84

Herb Adderley - one of the best CB's to ever play also passed away in the last couple of weeks

https://www.packers.com/news/hall-of...-adderley-dies

Not many of the Lombardi Packers left
            Last edited by happyone; 11-13-2020, 09:06 PM.

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• Bill Marcroft - the long time radio voice of the U of U and Sports Director at KUTV Channel 2 - He was 89

Way back when, I used to switch between him and Paul James when listening to any U/Y game, basketball, football it didn't matter, sometimes wonder if the two gentlemen were watching the same game

RIP Sir

Here's the Tribs article

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/utah-u...roft-longtime/
              Last edited by happyone; 11-16-2020, 05:35 PM.

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• https://twitter.com/tomholmoe/status...365916160?s=21

https://youtu.be/FkL6UlnlXcQ

Comment

• Diego Maradona. He was only 60.

Comment

• Damn.
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                      Damn.
                      Heart attack. Not entirely shocking given his well-documented lifestyle including recreational drug use and steroids. But weird to see someone so elite go so early. I am on the fence, but he may be the greatest soccer player ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                        Diego Maradona. He was only 60.
                        60 in Maradona years is like 103 in normal person years.

In his prime he was a lot of fun to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                          Ed J Pinegar. He was my mission president for the first year of my mission. He was a giant among men.
                          Blaine P. Jensen, my second mission president passed away today. I had each of them for a year, and they've both had a profound influence on me. President Jensen was a retired Army officer. He flew two tours of duty in Vietnam as a helicopter pilot.

Comment

• dee benson
                            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                              dee benson
                              Oh man. Evidence class.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                                dee benson
                                I had a couple cases in front of Judge Benson and a handful of personal interactions with him when I worked at the Court and afterwards. He made several decisions that I strongly disagreed with, but he was one of the nicest people I've ever met. Very down to earth and never took on that air of superiority that so many other judges have. He will be greatly missed.

Comment

Working...
                                X