Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 2020 Deaths Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
    Hah. Like Kevin Costner in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.
    I think there was a difference. Kevin Costner tried to have a British accent and was absolutely terrible at it. His accent fades in and out throughout the film.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
      Sean Connery was great in the Bond films, but I will always think of him first as Captain Marko Ramius. One ping only, please.

      Also, I am reminded that I miss byu71 around here.
      My favorite movie ever of Sean Connery


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

      Comment


      • Quintessential Bond Clip


        When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
        -Mid Summer's Night Dream

        Comment


        • Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
          My favorite movie ever of Sean Connery


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I think Finding Forrester is mine. He plays an ornery, reclusive, agorophobic, brilliant writer. Lot's of opportunity to see his acting talents.

          Comment


          • I love Connery in Finding Forrester but my favorite is The Untouchables. He’s great in a great movie.
            A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

            Comment


            • Originally posted by CJF View Post
              I love Connery in Finding Forrester but my favorite is The Untouchables. He’s great in a great movie.
              Yes! One of my signature quotes.
              "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

              "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

              Comment


              • Alex Trebek. Pancreatic cancer. 80 years old.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  Alex Trebek. Pancreatic cancer. 80 years old.
                  You had the correct response but didn’t phrase it in the form of a question.

                  He was the show without getting in the way of the show (I’m looking at you, Sajak). I have great memories of watching Jeopardy as a child with my mother and also watch as a parent with my children, and Alex Trebek was the one who facilitated those countless fun memories. I’m glad he got to see the vast outpouring of affection and support from fans over this last while.
                  "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

                  "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                    You had the correct response but didn’t phrase it in the form of a question.

                    He was the show without getting in the way of the show (I’m looking at you, Sajak). I have great memories of watching Jeopardy as a child with my mother and also watch as a parent with my children, and Alex Trebek was the one who facilitated those countless fun memories. I’m glad he got to see the vast outpouring of affection and support from fans over this last while.
                    He was great, although it took me a couple of decades to get past thinking the Art Fleming and Don Pardo combo (60s and 70s) was the better crew.

                    Comment


                    • Wasn't he on the show just a couple of weeks ago?

                      He really handled a devastating illness gracefully.
                      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                      - SeattleUte

                      Comment


                      • I saw this linked on CB, a hilarious demonstration of Jeopardy nerds knowing zip about football.

                        Comment


                        • Fun to think about how Sean Connery may have greeted Alex in the hearafter (SNL style).
                          Last edited by chrisrenrut; 11-08-2020, 01:15 PM.

                          Comment


                          • The 2020 Deaths Thread

                            Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                            You had the correct response but didn’t phrase it in the form of a question.

                            He was the show without getting in the way of the show (I’m looking at you, Sajak). I have great memories of watching Jeopardy as a child with my mother and also watch as a parent with my children, and Alex Trebek was the one who facilitated those countless fun memories. I’m glad he got to see the vast outpouring of affection and support from fans over this last while.
                            Who passed away on 11/8/3020 and will be forever missed weekdays on Jeopardy.

                            Who is Alex Trebek.


                            RIP to one of the most classy gentleman we watched daily. This last year and some of the tributes to you will forever be remembered and we hope you knew you were loved by all.


                            https://youtu.be/-McR3sBWNRA

                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by dabrockster; 11-08-2020, 01:26 PM.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                              Who passed away on 11/8/3020 and will be forever missed weekdays on Jeopardy.

                              Who is Alex Trebek.


                              RIP to one of the most classy gentleman we watched daily. This last year and some of the tributes to you will forever be remembered and we hope you knew you were loved by all.


                              https://youtu.be/-McR3sBWNRA

                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Lol. You really muffed that tribute.
                              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                                Wasn't he on the show just a couple of weeks ago?

                                He really handled a devastating illness gracefully.
                                Fox news is reporting that his last episode will air on Christmas Day - it was recorded 29 Oct

                                https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ounce-new-host

                                I may be small, but I'm slow.

                                A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X