No announcement yet.

Tweet of the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
      That is great.

Comment

• Tick took the words right out of your mouth - it must have been when he was kissing you.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
        -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• https://twitter.com/BiIIMurray/statu...614840834?s=19

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• It's not orange enough:

https://twitter.com/ErinPassons/stat...168602624?s=19

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Comment

• Oh man. There is so much BS and muddle-headed thinking in this clip. I'm going to parse just a few of her statements:

this use of the word "obesity" stems directly from the BMI
                Umm, the term "obesity" was in use as early as 1611 while the BMI wasn't created until the 1830s to 1850s.

which was created by a eugenicist with no medical training
                There is no evidence that Quetelet was a eugenicist although some others who built on his ideas were indeed eugenicists. The term "eugenics" wasn't even coined until 1883 by Francis Galton. She is right that Quetelet didn't have medical training. He was a mathematician.

fat-phobia is a direct result of anti-Blackness
                Huh? Not sure how she draws this conclusion. It is true that in the US there is higher rate of obesity among non-Hispanic Blacks compared to the population as a whole, but that doesn't hold for the world's population.

it has deadly consequences for many groups of indigenous folks and other POC as well as fat people
                Umm, I'm not sure what the antecedent of the pronoun "it" is in this case. Is she talking about "fatophobia" or about "obesity" or "anti-Blackness"?

when you make the obesity epidemic a real symptom of capitalism you are not only ostracizing fat folks from anti-capitalist thinking
                How, exactly, does making the obesity epidemic a symptom of capitalism ostracize fat folks from anti-capitalist thinking? Can't fat people think whatever the heck they want? She clearly does.

the obesity epidemic was created by western medicine to avoid addressing the actual causes of health inequity
                She provides no evidence to support this claim. But what the heck does health inequity even mean? Does it mean that people of different socio-economic backgrounds have different levels of access to health care? Is she equating the availability and access to of health care with actual levels of health? No idea.

I guess if one defines terms to mean whatever the heck one wants them to mean then one can inhabit the same mental world this person does. I cannot.
                Last edited by BigFatMeanie; 02-12-2021, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                  Oh man. There is so much BS and muddle-headed thinking in this clip. I'm going to parse just a few of her statements:

Umm, the term "obesity" was in use as early as 1611 while the BMI wasn't created until the 1830s to 1850s.

There is no evidence that Quetelet was a eugenicist although some others who built on his ideas were indeed eugenicists. The term "eugenics" wasn't even coined until 1883 by Francis Galton. She is right that Quetelet didn't have medical training. He was a mathematician.

Huh? Not sure how she draws this conclusion. It is true that in the US there is higher rate of obesity among non-Hispanic Blacks compared to the population as a whole, but that doesn't hold for the world's population.

Umm, I'm not sure what the antecedent of the pronoun "it" is in this case. Is she talking about "fatophobia" or about "obesity" or "anti-Blackness"?

How, exactly, does making the obesity epidemic a symptom of capitalism ostracize fat folks from anti-capitalist thinking? Can't fat people think whatever the heck they want? She clearly does.

She provides no evidence to support this claim. But what the heck does health inequity even mean? Does it mean that people of different socio-economic backgrounds have different levels of access to health care? Is she equating the availability and access to of health care with actual levels of health? No idea.

I guess if one defines terms to mean whatever the heck one wants them to mean then one can inhabit the same mental world this person does. I cannot.
                  She? I thought that was Pat.

- Goatnapper'96

Comment

• https://mobile.twitter.com/CrankyFed...61575735672845

Comment

• That was awesome.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                        lol. this is really funny. it doesn't hit close to home. at all.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

• "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                          - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                            Lol... yeah, Ted Cruz should have asked John Kerry to pick him and his family up in his private jet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

Lol... yeah, Ted Cruz should have asked John Kerry to pick him and his family up in his private jet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              My best friend from high school thinks that Ted Cruz is slowly trying to change his look to that of a Confederate general:

"A prediction in the next four years: Ted Cruz will become the republican nominee for president and here's how I think it will happen. Cruz will continue to groom his physical appearance until he looks like a cross between Kenny Rogers and Leonardo DiCaprio's character in *Jango Unchained*.

Linguists will note how he has cultivated even more of a Texas/southern accent and that it's more of a baritone, away from nasally Ned Flanders and more toward Johnny Cash. When coastal "elites" point out that he is trying to look like a confederate general, he will feign offense and explain that's how many of his constituents look and aren't they being so elitist for making fun of them. He will fabricate a story about how as a child he used to have more of a southern accent but felt pressure to change his language and his image when he went away to Ivy League schools, "as so many of us do". He will laugh at himself for his prior pretensions and how he used to have the most punchable face. His newly found southern identity with thus be portrayed as authenticity and "getting in touch with his roots".
                              Rhetorically, Cruz will style himself as something between an outlaw and a gentleman, posing more and more with guns (that paradoxical attribute of the outlaw and the lawman). He will use the words "proud" and "pride" a lot more. He will rail against "cancel culture" and claim to stand up for anyone who is tired of being "pushed around". He will acknowledge that he can be wild at times and fly off the handle, but that his wife has civilized him, "the sober yin to his raging yang". David Allen Coe and Hank Williams, Jr. will be played frequently at his rallies (perhaps they already are?).
                              He will adopt the language of the oppressed from the left and insist that everything he does is pro-democracy and that the democrats are the true authoritarians. Because he is smart and sober, he will be able to make this sound more convincing than Trump does.

The republican establishment will embrace Cruz because he's clever enough to make deals and unprincipled enough to go along with anything that gives him the adulation that fuels him.
                              Whether Trump is barred from running again or not, Cruz will emerge as his champion and the redeemer of Trumpism. When Trump endorses him, it will be like a reconciliation scene from professional wrestling where two "warriors" acknowledge that they have clashed at times (there will be a made-up story about how Cruz once pushed back against Trump) but that's because they both passionately believe in fighting for the people. There is some small chance that Cruz will marry Ivanka Trump and thus consummate the *hieros gamos* so often fantasized about in the annals of country music between a no account redneck and a millionaire's daughter/wife."
                              "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Great to have you back wuap.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X