Best music for work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best music for work

For me the ideal work music is beautiful but somewhat featureless and even monotonous; it can't be distracting; preferably instrumentals only. I like Philip Glass best. Other ideas? I'm always interested in finding new work music. Sometimes it's essential for getting me really focused and buckled down.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
    For me the ideal work music is beautiful but somewhat featureless and even monotonous; it can't be distracting; preferably instrumentals only. I like Philip Glass best. Other ideas? I'm always interested in finding new work music. Sometimes it's essential for getting me really focused and buckled down.
    Koyaanisqatsi soundtrack... one of my all time faves.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

"I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

I like a light jazz like Norah Jones, Diana Krall or Sade.
        One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
        SU

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
          Metamorphosis 3
          When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
            Metamorphosis 3
            Try Helen Jane Long... Porcelain and Embers

EDIT: Also... Balmorhea's Rivers Arms
            Last edited by Walter Sobchak; 08-17-2016, 12:09 PM.
            You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
            Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

Comment

This is a funny thread.
              *Banned*

Comment

Rush

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                  You Seattleites are into to weird sh*t... but I like the album cover:

It reminds of work.
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                    You Seattleites are into to weird sh*t...
                    I saw Koyaanisqatsi when I was a sophomore (1984) in good 'ol SLC.

When at the BYU (1990), I attended a performance of a BYU mixed choir in the old Provo Tabernacle (). They performed Vessels, track #2 from the Koyaanisqatsi soundtrack. It was incredible.

My weird shit predates my Seattle affiliation.

Comment

Abba
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                        Rush
                        A former co-worker had Tom Sawyer on his playlist. Got really sick of it.
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Super happy I don't have an office next to you guys.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                            A former co-worker had Tom Sawyer on his playlist. Got really sick of it.
                            I rarely play it. It was overplayed in the 80s, and no where near their best work.

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                              Rush
                              rush is awful
                              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Working...
                              X