Airline/Hotel Loyalty Programs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
    That's it. Highlight of the trip for my kids.
    Never even taken my kids there. I've only been there as a pit stop on Greenbelt bike rides.

Settler's Park in Meridian has a more substantial splash pad. Kleiner Park behind the Village also has some decent water features. But neither of those are right on the river.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

I hope junkie stopped at the Garden of Eden on the drive home! I also hope he didn't get tricked into eating one of those awful Idaho Spud "candy" bars.
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
        I hope junkie stopped at the Garden of Eden on the drive home! I also hope he didn't get tricked into eating one of those awful Idaho Spud "candy" bars.
        Agree on both counts.
        "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
        "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
        This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
        "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
        "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post

Take it back! Idaho Spud bars are yummy.

Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
          Agree on both counts.
          Et tu, Brute?
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

i'm trying to decide what to do with 65k spg points and 80k chase ultimate rewards i've been saving up for a while. i would love to fly to amsterdam, drive to frankfurt, rent an m3 or 911 and spend a trackday at the nurburgring (nordschleife is only open on certain trackdays), drive the day after to spa in belgium for a trackday, and then spend a couple days in brussels.
            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
              i'm trying to decide what to do with 65k spg points and 80k chase ultimate rewards i've been saving up for a while. i would love to fly to amsterdam, drive to frankfurt, rent an m3 or 911 and spend a trackday at the nurburgring (nordschleife is only open on certain trackdays), drive the day after to spa in belgium for a trackday, and then spend a couple days in brussels.
              Mrs. Diddley is not happy with flying coach over the pond, so I'm buying premium seats from now on. Next year we're headed back to London, and I used my SPG points to top of my Delta account to spring for a couple of business class seats.

If you're headed to Amsterdam, you need to look into Norwegian Air. Look at the pricing for both coach and premium. Not bad. That's probably what we'll take on our return trip from London. They have regular flights out of LAX, and biweekly flights out of LAS.

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                Mrs. Diddley is not happy with flying coach over the pond, so I'm buying premium seats from now on. Next year we're headed back to London, and I used my SPG points to top of my Delta account to spring for a couple of business class seats.

If you're headed to Amsterdam, you need to look into Norwegian Air. Look at the pricing for both coach and premium. Not bad. That's probably what we'll take on our return trip from London. They have regular flights out of LAX, and biweekly flights out of LAS.
                Wow. High maintenance wife.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  Wow. High maintenance wife.
                  She'd probably tell you that I'm the high maintenance one.

Comment

I agree with your wife. On trans-Atlantic flights, premium seats are a great bonus, but generally, I can deal with economy if necessary. Going to Asia is another story, and premium seats are a necessity.
                    Not that, sickos.

Comment

Originally posted by thesaint258 View Post
                      I agree with your wife. On trans-Atlantic flights, premium seats are a great bonus, but generally, I can deal with economy if necessary. Going to Asia is another story, and premium seats are a necessity.
                      For me, having the premium seats on the trip over is more important. The more sleep you can get on the trip over, the easier your transition to the new time zone it will me.

Comment

For me, having the premium seats on the trip over is more important. The more sleep you can get on the trip over, the easier your transition to the new time zone it will me.
                        I wish I could sleep on planes. I usually get some work done or catch up on movies. It's really helpful for me to spread out and relax a bit, even if I can't fall asleep.
                        Not that, sickos.

Comment

Any updates for this thread in the last 3+ years? Any airline loyalty rewards programs get appreciably better or worse?

creekster - does United still suck?

old_gregg - did you get your track day at the nurburgring?
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                            Any updates for this thread in the last 3+ years? Any airline loyalty rewards programs get appreciably better or worse?

creekster - does United still suck?

old_gregg - did you get your track day at the nurburgring?
                            I can't find it, but I read an article yesterday about how airline loyalty programs are oversaturated so they are making it much more difficult to get reward status so that those with reward status will actually be able to get upgrades, etc. It is almost all about dollars spent now vs miles traveled and the dollars requirements keep going up. Getting to where only the busy business travelers will get status.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Dont the airlines have to carry those loyalty miles on their books as a liability?

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                                Dont the airlines have to carry those loyalty miles on their books as a liability?
                                I think so, but apparently they can devalue them by changing the rules without any consequence.

Comment

Working...
                                X