No announcement yet.

Pet Peeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon Prime is so worth it. Why would anybody want to cancel it?

My pet peeve from vacation this week is people who stand and block doors, hallways, walking lanes in airports, etc..

I’m always amazed at families who just all stop together and form a human wall in a very inconvenient spot for people walking right behind them. Show a little awareness people!! Stand to the side if you are going to stop walking!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
      Amazon Prime is so worth it. Why would anybody want to cancel it?

My pet peeve from vacation this week is people who stand and block doors, hallways, walking lanes in airports, etc..

I’m always amazed at families who just all stop together and form a human wall in a very inconvenient spot for people walking right behind them. Show a little awareness people!! Stand to the side if you are going to stop walking!!
      Agreed on both counts. Maybe Nelson buys stuff on Amazon like once or twice per year unlike once or twice per week like we do. Prime is awesome just for the shipping. All the content is bonus. No way am I ever cancelling.

And people stopping randomly blocking the flow is incredibly annoying. How have these people not been killed by traffic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
        You like paying extra for shipping?
        I like paying $3.00 to ship something on the rare occasions that I actually buy something from Amazon, rather than $12.95 every month to have Prime.

Comment

• My boss keeps referring to COVID-19 as "CORVID". I've heard him correct himself once or twice but when he's not thinking carefully about it he says "CORVID". I don't know why this irritates me so much. It just does.

It's kind of like the weirdos who say, "People in Warshington should warsh their hands".

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
            My boss keeps referring to COVID-19 as "CORVID". I've heard him correct himself once or twice but when he's not thinking carefully about it he says "CORVID". I don't know why this irritates me so much. It just does.

It's kind of like the weirdos who say, "People in Warshington should warsh their hands".
            My boss pronounces author as arthur.

Comment

• I keep saying Amy Kobolar instead of Klobuchar.

Comment

• When there is a "Classic" game on one of the channels, and they say who wins in the guide description. The NFL channel is good about avoiding this, but the NBA and ESPN display the spoiler all the time. Super annoying, especially if it is a game I never watched before, or -more likely - I can't recall who won.

Comment

• The word “hooman.” Almost always used by someone anthropomorphizing a dog’s reference to its owner. I don’t know why you weirdos all love to fantasize about your dog speaking English, but why the eff are you all so convinced that if a dog could talk, it couldn’t properly pronounce the “yu” sound?

ESAD, losers.
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                    The word “hooman.” Almost always used by someone anthropomorphizing a dog’s reference to its owner. I don’t know why you weirdos all love to fantasize about your dog speaking English, but why the eff are you all so convinced that if a dog could talk, it couldn’t properly pronounce the “yu” sound?

ESAD, losers.
                    Doin us a heckin powerful educate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                      The word “hooman.” Almost always used by someone anthropomorphizing a dog’s reference to its owner. I don’t know why you weirdos all love to fantasize about your dog speaking English, but why the eff are you all so convinced that if a dog could talk, it couldn’t properly pronounce the “yu” sound?

ESAD, losers.
                      why can’t mexicans understand the “st” sound?
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• If Scooby-Doo taught us anything, it's that dogs can't say anything unless they start with an R.

Comment

• Not sure why, but it bugs me when people cross the double white lines to enter the HOV lane in Utah.

I know the laws are different in different places, and in some places they don't have sections for you to enter or leave the HOV lanes. So when I see people doing it, I try to tell myself that they must be from somewhere else.

Maybe this is more of a random thought than a pet peeve, but I'm not sure why this particular traffic law bothers me and others - like speeding - don't. I guess people who don't use their turn signals bother me too. So maybe it's just speeding that doesn't bother me.

Anyway - people who cross the double white lines suck. That is all.

Comment

• They do suck, but sorry, they are from Utah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                              Not sure why, but it bugs me when people cross the double white lines to enter the HOV lane in Utah.

I know the laws are different in different places, and in some places they don't have sections for you to enter or leave the HOV lanes. So when I see people doing it, I try to tell myself that they must be from somewhere else.

Maybe this is more of a random thought than a pet peeve, but I'm not sure why this particular traffic law bothers me and others - like speeding - don't. I guess people who don't use their turn signals bother me too. So maybe it's just speeding that doesn't bother me.

Its because you're a rule follower, even if the rule is largely meaningless or unimportant. You're following the rules, whey can't they?!?
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                                Not sure why, but it bugs me when people cross the double white lines to enter the HOV lane in Utah.

I usually follow that rule when in Utah but let's face it - it's a dumb rule.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                                X