• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    . . .and the error message won't clear.
    PC LOAD LETTER?

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post

PC LOAD LETTER?
      "Jam Inside" with instructions scrolling telling me to open the front.

Comment

"Jam Inside" with instructions scrolling telling me to open the front.
        time for this:

Comment

time for this:
          That gif makes me smile.

Comment

time for this:
            And the soundtrack for that, while (or because) it's very profane, works hilariously.

Comment

• Peeve of the day: when I read the words "pregnant people" in some article. How is that possibly better than "pregnant women"?

Comment

• People who tell my wife about whatever fundraiser they are doing. She cannot say no, and we already have plenty of worthy causes we donate to. I don't get it. Why don't you just give the money to the cause you pick? Why do you have to hit up all your family/friends about it?
                “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

• Originally posted by Copelius View Post
                  People who tell my wife about whatever fundraiser they are doing. She cannot say no, and we already have plenty of worthy causes we donate to. I don't get it. Why don't you just give the money to the cause you pick? Why do you have to hit up all your family/friends about it?
                  Ha. My wife never says no to kids in the ward.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• People that don't understand the difference between "deprecate" and "terminate" or "end-of-life"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Thanks for the tip. I have an idea.

Step 1 - start charitable organization
                      Step 2 - move into JL's ward
                      Step 3 - have each child visit Mrs. JL repeatedly soliciting contributions to charitable organization
                      Step 4 - pay myself generous salary from charitable organization
                      Step 5 - retire with welder money
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

I'm the same way. We don't get hit up every other day, but I always pull a $20 out of my wallet for their cause.

Comment

I'm the same way. We don't get hit up every other day, but I always pull a $20 out of my wallet for their cause.
                          I have no problem giving money as long as the kids are offering some kind of service in exchange for the money. Otherwise it's just pan-handling.
                          "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post

I have no problem giving money as long as the kids are offering some kind of service in exchange for the money. Otherwise it's just pan-handling.
                            Usually it's a fundraiser for school sports or scouts and involves food or a discount card. Honestly, I'd be happy to cut out the overhead and just make a donation.

Comment

Usually it's a fundraiser for school sports or scouts and involves food or a discount card. Honestly, I'd be happy to cut out the overhead and just make a donation.
                              Last time one of my kids came home with a fundraiser that required contacting friends and family about a product/service nobody would really want, I just made a donation for the amount they needed to collect. So much better than pestering everyone. Plus, donations to Idaho schools generally qualify for an Idaho tax credit for Idaho residents.
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• This isn't a pet peeve per se, but I wanted to share. I was on a video call with a very educated woman, Ph.D., who pronounced "reciprocity" as "re-ci-pri-cah-kity".
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X