Pet Peeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
    Perhaps this has already been mentioned here, but driving through Utah last weekend during that Friday night rain storm got me peeved about the invisible lane lines on the highways. And lack of reflectors. Couldn't see a darn thing.
    That's a fair beef. UDOT is going to "experiment" with new ways of lane striping.

Comment

Perhaps this has already been mentioned here, but driving through Utah last weekend during that Friday night rain storm got me peeved about the invisible lane lines on the highways. And lack of reflectors. Couldn't see a darn thing.
      Still no excuse to drive 30 mph in the fast lane when the first drop of rain hits your windshield.
      “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

As an out-of-stater... I ran into this problem around American Fork. It's was raining - water flying - 5 lanes - no discernable lane markers - and construction curves. It was faith based driving if I ever saw it.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
        -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Copelius View Post

Still no excuse to drive 30 mph in the fast lane when the first drop of rain hits your windshield.
          Hey, I was in the middle-ish lane, was going 40-ish mph, and it was 2:00-ish in the morning. What's the harm?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post

That's a fair beef. UDOT is going to "experiment" with new ways of lane striping.
            We were caravaning with my buddy, who is a civil engineer for CalTrans. He had all sorts of thoughts he would be happy to share.

Comment

We were caravaning with my buddy, who is a civil engineer for CalTrans. He had all sorts of thoughts he would be happy to share.
              lol, I bet. Paint is expensive though. $2.50 a foot.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post

lol, I bet. Paint is expensive though. $2.50 a foot.
                Yeah, we'd have to recess reflectors if we went that route, and I imagine that would be spendy

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post

Yeah, we'd have to recess reflectors if we went that route, and I imagine that would be spendy
                  I am just talking about the super reflective paint. Of course this also get scraped off by snow plows, so it may not last long. We don't have reflectors in my area. Plows eat those things up.

$13,000 per mile per lane gets expensive real fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post

I am just talking about the super reflective paint. Of course this also get scraped off by snow plows, so it may not last long. We don't have reflectors in my area. Plows eat those things up.

$13,000 per mile per lane gets expensive real fast.
                    Wouldn't it only be $6,500 per mile because dashed lines only use half the paint?
                    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post

Wouldn't it only be $6,500 per mile because dashed lines only use half the paint?
                      Perhaps. I'm just saying what we use in preliminary estimates. Takes into account double yellows, dashed, the fog line...

Comment

Utah gov Spencer Cox retweeted this:

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

He has a sense of humor, I like that.

Comment

• Haha. I like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

lol. gotta love spencer cox.
                              I'm like LeBron James.