Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
    I don't get it - explain it to me.
    I confess I didn't get it either. Urban Dictionary lists pastrami as a fat lady's ass but that is 3 or 4 entries down the page so it's not really a common euphemism if that's what Donut meant.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
      I confess I didn't get it either. Urban Dictionary lists pastrami as a fat lady's ass but that is 3 or 4 entries down the page so it's not really a common euphemism if that's what Donut meant.
      That's not what he's referring to.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
        That's not what he's referring to.
        Then I truly don't get the joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
          All of these places are delicious. I've never left unhappy after 5 Guys, I/O, Smashburger, Carls Jr, Crown, Apollo, Burger Supreme, or any of these other smaller chains. I love them all.
          I agree! The only reason I posted about Boise eventually getting an In-N-Out is it'll be nice to have another option. We don't have the Crown, Apollo, Burger Supreme choices but we do have Big Jud's, which is my personal favorite. I invite all of you to try it next time you're in Boise (there's a couple in SE Idaho too, near Island Park and near Rexburg).
          "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
          "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
          This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
          "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
          "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

I'm going to warn you that this is NSFW, but if you really want to get the joke look up "roast beef" on the urban dictionary.

edit: or "deli meat"
            "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
            "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
            This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
            "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
            "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
              I'm going to warn you that this is NSFW, but if you really want to get the joke look up "roast beef" on the urban dictionary.

edit: or "deli meat"
              Thanks. I'd never heard the use of those terms in that context before. I'm either sheltered or just too old.

Comment

I don't think Celestial Beings will be gnawing on each others genitals. It's an Earthly sin.

From my greatest hits collection.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                  I don't think Celestial Beings will be gnawing on each others genitals. It's an Earthly sin.

From my greatest hits collection.

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
                    I get that In N Out is over hyped, but what fast food joint is better? Wendy's? Mcdonald's? Burger king? Certainly not Shake Shack (talk about terrible fries).

I like their fries, hot or cold. I like yukon gold fries. I know I'm in the minority there. The In N Out spread is good. It doesn't beat a good greasy spoon diner burger, but it's tough to beat in the drive thru arena.
                    I don't eat fast food chain burgers that often, but I'd take a Wendy's Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger over In-N-Out.
                    Last edited by UVACoug; 11-01-2020, 11:44 PM.

Comment

I have two problems with flame-broiling (Burger King, Carl's Jr, Apollo/Crown/Astro Burger, etc.) as opposed to flat-top grilling:

1. Flame-broiling typically tends to produce a drier patty. The Greek-owned burger chains in Utah (Apollo/Crown/Astro) seem to do the best job at not letting the patty dry out, then Carl's Jr, although it can be hit or miss depending on the cook, then Burger King.
                      2. Sometimes you can taste the butane gas. This seems to happen most frequently at Burger King.

In general I prefer flat-top grilled burgers over the flame- or char-grilled ones.
                      I could be wrong, but I though Astro cooked their burgers on the flat top. Astro is my favorite of the Greek places (and probably drive-thru burger in Salt Lake County. And their fries are freaking amazing.

As for the multi-state chains, I think my favorite is Culver's. Their cheese curds are delicious.
                      Last edited by UVACoug; 11-01-2020, 11:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
                        I don't fast food burgers that often, but I'd take a Wendy's Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger over In-N-Out.
                        If we are talking Wendy's, I like the baconater.

Comment

• Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
                          I don't eat fast food chain burgers that often, but I'd take a Wendy's Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger over In-N-Out.
                          I get that taste is totally subjective, but I just can't imagine how warped my taste buds would have to be to agree with this. Did you regularly drink 80s era McDonald's coffee as a child? Was your mother's preferred form of punishment Tabasco (or a hot iron) on the tongue?
                          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Working...
                          X