Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The official WORDLE thread (spoiler alert)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Is BLART a real word?
    No. He's a mall cop.

Comment

• ALURE
      QUART

Boom, bitches!

Fortunate starting word, for sure. I was contemplating that word and MISER, which would have been much less helpful. I could only come up with QUART, QUARK, and GUARD as second guesses, so I figured if there was ever a time to go in early on QU, it was today!#QUbaby
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
        ALURE
        QUART

Boom, bitches!

Fortunate starting word, for sure. I was contemplating that word and MISER, which would have been much less helpful. I could only come up with QUART, QUARK, and GUARD as second guesses, so I figured if there was ever a time to go in early on QU, it was today!#QUbaby

Mic drop, well played, now take a bow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          ALURE
          QUART

Boom, bitches!

Bravo!
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• STERN
            BLURT
            QUART

Comment

• STARE
              COULD
              COOLY
              COYLY
              “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

• Screenshot_20220802-063009_Chrome.jpg
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• IRATE
                  SCOLD
                  COYLY

Comment

• IRATE
                    POUND
                    WOMBS
                    FOGGY
                    COCKY
                    COYLY
                    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• LITER
                      PLANS
                      GHOUL
                      CLOCK
                      CYCLO
                      COYLY

I thought this could be my first miss, but I got it in.
                      "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• STALE
                        GRILL
                        COULD
                        COYLY
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Out of all the lame ass words Wordle has done, this could be the most lame assed:

FLARE
                          SPOIL
                          COLON
                          COULD
                          COYLY
                          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                          - SeattleUte

Comment

• APRON
                            CHOSE
                            COULD
                            COYLY

Feel fortunate to get a par here. That still took some time between guesses 3 and 4, as that was pretty much the only option.
                            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• AISLE
                              COULD
                              COYLY

Fortunately, COOLY never occurred to me.

Comment

• STARE
                                FOUND
                                LOOPY
                                HOLLY
                                COYLY

i felt good about a bogey (though not sure any other options were left) until I saw everyone else getting birdies and pars.

Comment

Working...
                                X