Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bucket list...what's on yours?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    I We plan to check off a bucket list item next month when--COVID concerns be damned--we'll spend nearly two weeks in Kenya and Uganda, including a sunrise hot air balloon ride over the Masai Mara including the Great Migration, and a hike into the Impenetrable Forest where we'll spend some time with a family or two of mountain gorillas.
    Whoa! That sounds amazing. Be sure to return and report.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
      I love reading everyone's lists. Our Ireland venture in 2017 was perhaps the best trip we've ever had, and we're eager to go back--perhaps my proudest planning job. Also, I strongly recommend that any trip to Israel include a side trip to Petra.

      We plan to check off a bucket list item next month when--COVID concerns be damned--we'll spend nearly two weeks in Kenya and Uganda, including a sunrise hot air balloon ride over the Masai Mara including the Great Migration, and a hike into the Impenetrable Forest where we'll spend some time with a family or two of mountain gorillas.
      I'm excited to read your compare and contrast paper on the corollaries between the Mountain Gorillas and Cougar Stadium Patrons. I'm betting that old silverback is a kindred spirit of Lebowski.

      When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
      -Mid Summer's Night Dream

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post

        Don't I know it! I was close to the execution phase when the pandemic hit.
        You could have just settled for sunday school with Kanye in Salt Lake City a year or two ago.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post

          You could have just settled for sunday school with Kanye in Salt Lake City a year or two ago.
          That was low hanging fruit right there.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
            I love reading everyone's lists. Our Ireland venture in 2017 was perhaps the best trip we've ever had, and we're eager to go back--perhaps my proudest planning job. Also, I strongly recommend that any trip to Israel include a side trip to Petra.

            We plan to check off a bucket list item next month when--COVID concerns be damned--we'll spend nearly two weeks in Kenya and Uganda, including a sunrise hot air balloon ride over the Masai Mara including the Great Migration, and a hike into the Impenetrable Forest where we'll spend some time with a family or two of mountain gorillas.
            This kind of trip is what set in motion a lot of bucket list planning for me. My partner at work has gone to Africa about 5 times in the last few years. She's taken her elderly parents and her partner. She can't get enough of it, and so the thought burrowed in my head. We were going to do a family trip to Kenya in 2020 (man, that seems so long ago), but, of course, COVID. So hopefully we can have another shot at it when all the NWC kids will be available next year or two.

            Now that I've had a chance to think about it, here's my list, pretty close in order of preference:

            New Zealand
            Kenya (not sure if the mountain gorilla experience is here; I'll have to check with my partner)
            Ireland
            Cook Islands
            Galapagos Islands (as far away from a commercialized trip as possible)
            Continental Europe
            India
            Northern Lights (shouldn't be too hard; I can extend a trip to Mrs. NWC's family a little north one of these times)

            Buch of other places I'd like to see, but I'm not putting them on the list until I cross off these. I'm also planning an Italy trip with my mom, which has been on her bucket list. I need to get that done within a year. It will be her 80th birthday.



            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

              ...
              Kenya (not sure if the mountain gorilla experience is here; I'll have to check with my partner)...
              I understand there are only two places on the planet one can hang with mountain gorillas: Uganda and Rwanda. Because it's a little closer (and cheaper!) we went with Uganda but both are supposed to be fascinating. I'll be happy to report on this in a few weeks. BTW, we had booked a trip to the Galapagos Islands for last November but Covid... Mrs. PAC has since cooled to the idea so I'm not sure we'll try again.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post

                I understand there are only two places on the planet one can hang with mountain gorillas: Uganda and Rwanda. Because it's a little closer (and cheaper!) we went with Uganda but both are supposed to be fascinating. I'll be happy to report on this in a few weeks. BTW, we had booked a trip to the Galapagos Islands for last November but Covid... Mrs. PAC has since cooled to the idea so I'm not sure we'll try again.
                You are probably right. I likely conflated our planned Kenya trip with her Uganda trip. Will need to modify my Africa plans now.
                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                - SeattleUte

                Comment

                Working...
                X