No announcement yet.

How much do you own in cryptocurrency?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much do you own in cryptocurrency?

How much do you own in cryptocurrency? Just curious where the board sits in terms of owning crypto. I'm still on the fence of it being a good investment but I've dipped my toe in a while back. Also curious if people use it as an investment or if it's more due to FOMO. I've got a couple friends that talk incessantly about crypto and how they are going to be rich off of it but I'm just not seeing it.
    None
    61.90%
    $1 to $1,000
    19.05%
    $1,001 to $5,000
    9.52%
    $5,001 to $50,000
    9.52%
    $50,001 to $250,000
    0%
    $250,001+
    0%
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

FYI, poll is not public but I bet we can guess who is who
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

the idiot anti-vaxxer freedom fighter in my ward is big into mining cryto.

that's the end of my story.

Comment

$0.00.

I still don't think I would even know how to buy it, other than using the crypto ATM machine at Terrible's.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Zero. And never will. I won't be a part of such an assualt our our natural resources
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

I'll out myself as the sole person in the poll so far owning $1 to $1,000. It would be zero, except I got an offer from Venmo a while back saying that if I bought at least $25 of crypto through their platform, they would deposit $25 into my Venmo account. As luck would have it, they just deposited the $25 into my account earlier today. They didn't reimburse the $0.58 transaction fee, though.

According to my Venmo app, the current value of my interest in cryptocurrency is $22.53.
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Crypto is the currency of the future. It's the currency of now. Do not 'buy' through Robinhood app-- that's just buying stock in crypto which is bass-ackwards. That's like buying stock in the Pound hoping it will rise and never being able to spend those Pounds. The easiest way to buy crypto is probably through Coinbase-- then move your crypto to your own crypto wallet to get it off the grid. Then you can trade on international exchanges w a vpn if that's your thing...
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                Crypto is the currency of the future. It's the currency of now. Do not 'buy' through Robinhood app-- that's just buying stock in crypto which is bass-ackwards. That's like buying stock in the Pound hoping it will rise and never being able to spend those Pounds. The easiest way to buy crypto is probably through Coinbase-- then move your crypto to your own crypto wallet to get it off the grid. Then you can trade on international exchanges w a vpn if that's your thing...
                I can really see the masses getting behind this. So simple a monkey could do it.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

None for me. Not sure if it is because I am smart or because I am old.

Comment

I have a bit of Cardano dipped right after I bought but has since gained 50% over my initial investment. I have some BNB and got lost a bit when Williecoin failed. I'm curious about Safemoon but will not buy until they release their wallet.

Comment

This is all speculative crap. Pass.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                        I have a bit of Cardano dipped right after I bought but has since gained 50% over my initial investment. I have some BNB and got lost a bit when Williecoin failed. I'm curious about Safemoon but will not buy until they release their wallet.
                        Reading this post reminded me how I felt when I heard people excitedly discussing Game of Thrones when I myself was a non-watcher.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          This is all speculative crap. Pass.
                          This. It is a crappy currency as it isn't useful for practical everyday transactions. i.e. a lot will have to change for me to buy something at the grocery store with cryptocurrency.

Only use currently is speculation and money laundering.

Comment

Originally posted by beefytee View Post

This. It is a crappy currency as it isn't useful for practical everyday transactions. i.e. a lot will have to change for me to buy something at the grocery store with cryptocurrency.

Only use currently is speculation and money laundering.
                            I don't disagree with this. It's really not useful right now and it doens't help that the last thing governments want to do is cede control of the currency being used for most transactions in their country. If crypto becomes more accepted in the US, it'll likely be due to tighter government control over it...which then just defeats the purpose of having crypto. I do think it might become more useful in countries without a stable currency. As their inflation skyrockets, it might be easier for their citizens to buy bitcoin instead of USD, but I'm a novice in this and am obviously just spitballing.

I did almost jump into bitcoin when it was around $8k, which is when CME started trading bitcoin fx futures which lended some legitimacy to it as a currency. Kind of kicking myself for not doing it then but at least I didn't buy at the most recent peak .

Comment

How is a crypto currency a good replacement for USD?When foreigners use USD instead their native currency, they are looking for stability. Crypto currencies fluctuate in value like crazy and probably have just as high of odds of becoming virtually worthless as their native currency.

Comment

Working...
                              X