X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pelado
    replied
    Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
    A couple of years ago I had a flat, and found out that my spare had gone bad (flat and wouldn't inflate). Ever since then I haven't had a spare, because where in the world do you get one of those stupid donut tires anyway??? When I bought my previous car, one of the things I liked was that it had a full-sized spare. I hate these friggin' donuts.

Once every three or four months I remember and it stresses me out. I guess I need to look into it.
    You could try something like this:

https://www.discounttire.com/tires/spare-catalog

Edit: And then you can cover it with something like this:

61NZ-d2fA2L._AC_SL1200_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/CENSIHER-Poly...1145127&sr=8-3

Leave a comment:

• Clark Addison
    replied
    A couple of years ago I had a flat, and found out that my spare had gone bad (flat and wouldn't inflate). Ever since then I haven't had a spare, because where in the world do you get one of those stupid donut tires anyway??? When I bought my previous car, one of the things I liked was that it had a full-sized spare. I hate these friggin' donuts.

Once every three or four months I remember and it stresses me out. I guess I need to look into it.

Leave a comment:

• Northwestcoug
    replied
    My car won’t let the spare tire go low without that annoying tire pressure warning light coming on. Which is annoying the first time you find out when you spend a couple of hours refilling all your tires (twice), searching the internet to figure out how to reset the tire pressure warning, and then finally finding out the spare tire has a sensor on it also.

Leave a comment:

• Scott R Nelson
    replied
    Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota, North Dakota. Gonna visit a few places we've never been to before, plus a few days in Yellowstone.

Leave a comment:

• Pelado
    replied
    What is(are) your driving destination(s)?

Leave a comment:

• Scott R Nelson
    started a topic Check the air pressure in your spare tire

Check the air pressure in your spare tire

I'm expecting to do a lot of driving next week, so I thought I would check the air pressure in my tires. The manufacturer recommends 36 and they were all at around 32. Not low enough to be a big issue, but I aired up to the recommended pressure just to be sure.

Then I checked the space saver spare, just to be thorough. Those are supposed to have 60 psi and mine was under 20. Filled that one up too.

Hey, what about my other car? Similar air pressures in all tires as well. Still above 30, but the manufacturer recommends 35. And the spare was also under 20.

If I were to get a flat tire on the highway, a space saver spare would not get me very far at 20 psi before being damaged.

So go check the pressure in your spare tire, before it matters.
Working...
X