X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

usalifelist.JPG

sclifelist.JPG

utah life.JPG

"Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post

Yes, I have so many that my oldest told me that I had made the house look like an assisted-living community. I've seen 122 species in my yard (though 2 of those are from when I started and seem unlikely, but I can't remember enough details to eliminate them). lifelist 1.JPG
      lifelist2.JPGlifelist3.JPG
      lifelist4.JPG
      lifelist5.JPG

Yes, a kettle is the high, swirling group of soaring raptors. It just means that there are good thermals there, not that they are circling something dead/dying. If they smell something, they go to it and scarf it down quickly. The turkey vulture is absolutely amazing for not using energy unncessarily. They can smell rotting flesh up to 7 miles away. Black vultures are as keen, but they fly higher and watch where turkey vultures go, and piggyback off them. It's common to see a loan turkey vulture, but black vultures are usually in groups. Frankfort, KY is absolutely FULL of black vultures in the winter time.
      Like a secondment?
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I saw this guy on the side of the road on my way back from a meeting in Kemmerer today. He was a big old bird, falcon or hawk of some kind I assume. I was just impressed by the size.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 2 photos.
        “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

Here's a couple so he can get warmed up.

Comment

Originally posted by Copelius View Post
            I saw this guy on the side of the road on my way back from a meeting in Kemmerer today. He was a big old bird, falcon or hawk of some kind I assume. I was just impressed by the size.
            Golden eagle?
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

We have a bird feeder in our backyard but it's turned into a squirrel feeder
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                We have a bird feeder in our backyard but it's turned into a squirrel feeder
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Golden eagle?
                  That is what a local told me it might be when I described it. It was really big.
                  “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

Lucky! That's a golden eagle: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_eagle
                    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

One thing everyone needs to remember, please, is to tell me when and where a bird was seen.

Comment

Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
                        Here's a couple so he can get warmed up.
                        1. I say Song Sparrow. The long tail, middle chest spot, moderate flank/belly/chest streaking, conical bill with upper mandible longer than the lower one, malar stripe, and the question a great birder taught me, "Why is it not a Song Sparrow?" point me to Song Sparrow.

2. American Robin, final answer.

Comment

Lucky! That's a golden eagle: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_eagle
                          Thanks. Upon further review, I was kinda dumb to have to ask. Here is another raptor we got in the mountains just east of Current Creek Peak. I'll leave it to the expert to ID.
                          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Thanks. Upon further review, I was kinda dumb to have to ask. Here is another raptor we got in the mountains just east of Current Creek Peak. I'll leave it to the expert to ID.
                            Your Red-Tailed Hawks look different from ours, but the location, size, month, belly band, and buteo genus point to buteo jamaicensis, or Red-Tailed Hawk. I checked with a friend who is an expert, and he concurred.

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                              Hey I am friends with that guy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Your Red-Tailed Hawks look different from ours, but the location, size, month, belly band, and buteo genus point to buteo jamaicensis, or Red-Tailed Hawk. I checked with a friend who is an expert, and he concurred.
                                I don't know what-shit about birds, but Wuap, it's damn great to have you back.
                                "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

Working...
                                X