No announcement yet.

Water conservation: Do the right thing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to shut off those sprinklers… pro tip: you can keep your lawn green for some time with green spray paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

We are in the middle of a 20-yr mega-drought. A few wet years here and there mixed in with lots of dry or super-dry years. This is not sustainable. Imagine the horror of having to shut down a few golf courses.
      Imagine real lack of impact shutting down a couple of golf courses would have on the actual problem.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        We are in uncharted waters. Some cities are more vulnerable than others based on how or where they get their water. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see some places have to start trucking in water on occasion.
        Would it be ironic for a city to use a fossil fueled truck to bring in water to relieve suffering from a drought caused by climate change?

I guess at some point Dems will be okay with pipelines if it means the survival of their town to bring in water. I can’t wait for them to try and get through the Biden administrations approval process for a pipeline, especially if it has to cross any Native American land.

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

Time to shut off those sprinklers… pro tip: you can keep your lawn green for some time with green spray paint.

Deleted
          Last edited by All-American; 07-13-2021, 03:54 PM.
          τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Working...
          X