No announcement yet.

"You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Wasn't there an NBA Finals game against the Bulls where the Jazz set the record for offensive futility in a finals game? Even with great teams (which I consider those Stockton / Malone / Horny teams to be) it happens. Plus the Mavs have Dirk Nowitzki so this isn't all that embarrassing.

Comment

• Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
        Wasn't there an NBA Finals game against the Bulls where the Jazz set the record for offensive futility in a finals game? Even with great teams (which I consider those Stockton / Malone / Horny teams to be) it happens. Plus the Mavs have Dirk Nowitzki so this isn't all that embarrassing.
        Nowitzki was in a suit and tie yesterday
        "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Originally posted by hostile View Post
          Nowitzki was in a suit and tie yesterday
          Ok, now that's embarrassing.

Comment

• Talk about a mental lapse. We've beat the Mavs pretty easily twice this season. Oh well. On to the next...
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
              So which NBA team are you going to switch your allegiance to now?
              And the ref takes a point away.

I’ll always be a Jazz fan but, to put it bluntly, I will not always be LDS. In fact I think I’m officially not (a request from my ex with whom I remain good friends). I held out for a couple of years as a fan but the cognitive dissonance became too much. The 2 were in direct conflict. Sports at BYU will always be intertwined with the Church as it should be as the Flagship program. But despite all that yes, the final decision to make a clean break was the direction of the entire program. I hope that makes any sense (I’m not a great writer as you are all aware).
              "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Great game tonight for the Jazz.

Exum is starting to look good.

Donovan’s block on Hayward’s dunk attempt was great.

Comment

• 7 points for G-time in a double digit loss in Boston. And that block. Would be hard to script it much better.
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

• jazz send burks and 2 2nd round picks for krover. Terrible.

Comment

• DL: what would it take to get 45 year old Korver?

Cavs GM: uh, two 2nd rounders...puts Lindsey on hold. assistant GM: - dude, ask if they'll throw in Alec Burks. GM: they're not stupid, man. asst:

Cavs GM: two 2nd rounders and Alec Burks <suppressing laughter>

Lindsey: done. great working with ya!
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                        jazz send burks and 2 2nd round picks for krover. Terrible.
                        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• oh and
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

• I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                              DL: what would it take to get 45 year old Korver?

Cavs GM: uh, two 2nd rounders...puts Lindsey on hold. assistant GM: - dude, ask if they'll throw in Alec Burks. GM: they're not stupid, man. asst:

Cavs GM: two 2nd rounders and Alec Burks <suppressing laughter>

Lindsey: done. great working with ya!
                              I'm sincerely sorry SMR, you don't deserve this type of treatment. I will buy you a beer to drown your sorrows.
                              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• That is incredible. Burks has been great off the bench. Korver can do one thing.
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X