Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
    He lives up to the hype.

However Jackson does a good job guarding him. When Frank goes to the bench without about 4:30 minutes left, Smith goes off.
    Frank has been a pleasant surprise defensively. he always had the ability, but I wondered how he'd do at that level.

As far as DSjr, I watched him a couple times early in the year and he struggled - I wasn't that impressed. But the more I watch, the more it's clear he is the truth. it would be nice if he were a little taller, but he's explosive, strong, can shoot (though has room for improvement) and can really make plays for teammates - great passer/playmaker.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Anybody watch Duke vs NC State tonight? Great game. Tuned in with 6 minutes left and NCS was down by 9 pts. Kept fighting and ended up winning for the first time since 1995? at Duke. Last few minutes were nuts.
      He lives up to the hype.
      However Jackson does a good job guarding him. When Frank goes to the bench without about 4:30 minutes left, Smith goes off.
      you guys weren't kidding. That was a scintillating last 5 five minutes from Dennis Smith. Amazing. Once FJ went to the bench, he scored or assisted on just about every bucket for NC State. He threw a pass to Abu for a dunk with about 3 and a half minutes to play that you just don't see college players make.
      Last edited by smokymountainrain; 01-24-2017, 07:39 PM.
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

Comment

This morning driving to work I found it a little amusing when I switched to the college sports channel on my satellite radio that the hosts were talking about Duke and how they were not living up to pre-season expectations. They're still a good team, but they were supposed to be a lot better based on the idea that their freshman class was going to instantly be all-world, and that just hasn't happened. It was interesting to think of that vs. what some of us expected from BYU. The difference is Duke still has several key players who are also experienced.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
          This morning driving to work I found it a little amusing when I switched to the college sports channel on my satellite radio that the hosts were talking about Duke and how they were not living up to pre-season expectations. They're still a good team, but they were supposed to be a lot better based on the idea that their freshman class was going to instantly be all-world, and that just hasn't happened. It was interesting to think of that vs. what some of us expected from BYU. The difference is Duke still has several key players who are also experienced.
          And Duke will be in the Tourney with a high seed and will likely develop through February and March, playing deep into the tournament. Slight difference.
          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
            And Duke will be in the Tourney with a high seed and will likely develop through February and March, playing deep into the tournament. Slight difference.
            Still the same idea of not living up to the hype. When you're the heavy favorite to win the national championship in November and no one can come up with another team that should even be in the same class, then they go into the tourney as a five or six seed instead, it's essentially the same thing as expecting a team to go in with a mid-bracket seed and not make it. The point is, even five star HS players aren't guaranteed to live up to the hype. By the way, it wasn't that many years ago that Duke was a 3 seed and lost in the first round with Jabari Parker. They can fail to live up to expectations sometimes. It's not a guarantee they'll suddenly play massively better and end up with that 1 seed everyone expected 3 months ago.

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/
            Last edited by BlueK; 01-25-2017, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Tatum has been pretty good, but Giles just hasn't been the same since his injury. Bolden and Jackson clearly have extraordinary talent, but have had their struggles as freshmen.

Compare with UK - Fox and Monk have both exceeded expectations, while Adebayo and Gabriel have met expectations. and even at that, they are sitting with 3 losses already. when you rely heavily on freshmen, you will have ups and downs, almost regardless of how talented they are.
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

Not to jinx it, but Northwestern is looking pretty good this year.
                "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                  funny you posted that after they just got taken to the woodshed by an unranked (but still very formidable) Purdue team. but yeah, sitting at 18-5, they've done really well.
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                    I want to jinx it. I like the idea of a power conference team never having qualified for the NCAA tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                      funny you posted that after they just got taken to the woodshed by an unranked (but still very formidable) Purdue team. but yeah, sitting at 18-5, they've done really well.
                      Yeah, not their best showing by any means (perhaps their worst game of the year). Maybe that #25 ranking was too heavy a burden to bear.

I want to jinx it. I like the idea of a power conference team never having qualified for the NCAA tournament.

Comment

Crazy comeback by UCLA against Oregon tonight.

Comment

Anyone watching UVA Duke game? Is Coach K ill? He looks horrible.
                          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                            Anyone watching UVA Duke game? Is Coach K ill? He looks horrible.
                            Recording it. Will watch later. Yeah, he is looking old these days.
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

Comment

Didn't see this till today, but the university of utah managed to lose to the Oregon State Beavers over the weekend. Now the Beavers have 1 conference win this year. Thanks utes!

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                                Didn't see this till today, but the university of utah managed to lose to the Oregon State Beavers over the weekend. Now the Beavers have 1 conference win this year. Thanks utes!
                                :flush:

Stevie Thompson Jr. dreams about playing the Utes. He has his two career high point games against us, and has beaten us on last second shots in 2 out of the last 3 games.

Comment

Working...
                                X