Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apple Jan. 27 launch event... what will it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got one!
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
      I got one!
      yeah but what's your ship date though
      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• My estimated ship date is December 12th.
        Baaaaaa!
        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

Comment

I got one!

Ships in early December.
          "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• updated delivery date to friday

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
              updated delivery date to friday
              256 gig? Silver or Space Grey?
              Get confident, stupid
              -landpoke

Comment

256 gig? Silver or Space Grey?
                256 gray. wife got silver though and it’s nice. the screen alone is worth the cost. face id is cool and faster than fingerprint scan.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                  256 gray. wife got silver though and it’s nice. the screen alone is worth the cost. face id is cool and faster than fingerprint scan.
                  In playing around with it any issues with no home button?
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                    In playing around with it any issues with no home button?
                    no, new gestures are way more intuitive

Comment

• The wife wants the X for Christmas Are any of the Black Friday deals, worth fighting the crowds over?

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                        The wife wants the X for Christmas Are any of the Black Friday deals, worth fighting the crowds over?
                        https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-apple-I...d/182859152558

Free shipping! Get it before it is gone.
                        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                          The wife wants the X for Christmas Are any of the Black Friday deals, worth fighting the crowds over?
                          Not for you. Best deals i've seen will be something like $250 gift card back to the store of purchase (Sams, Target, etc). The AV I know is not going to fight crowds over 250 bucks. You would do better to just order it in advance and hide it away. Then, go golfing early on Black Friday, under the guise of shopping. On Christmas, you can pretend you fought the crowds to please your wife. You get to golf, and you're a (deceptive) hero. Win win.
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                            Not for you. Best deals i've seen will be something like $250 gift card back to the store of purchase (Sams, Target, etc). The AV I know is not going to fight crowds over 250 bucks. You would do better to just order it in advance and hide it away. Then, go golfing early on Black Friday, under the guise of shopping. On Christmas, you can pretend you fought the crowds to please your wife. You get to golf, and you're a (deceptive) hero. Win win.
                            That is wrong on so many levels, and something I would absolutely be willing to do.

Comment

• Kid can unlock his mother's iPhone X. Whoops!

https://www.wired.com/story/10-year-...hers-iphone-x/
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                Kid can unlock his mother's iPhone X. Whoops!

https://www.wired.com/story/10-year-...hers-iphone-x/
                                In those cases, however, the siblings may have purposefully or inadvertently trained their iPhone X on a composite of the two faces. Every time a PIN is entered after a rejected face, Face ID is designed to treat that scan as a misfire, correcting itself so that it becomes more accurate over time. If those siblings entered a PIN after the wrong sibling's face was rejected by Face ID, the system would have learned his features.
                                Mom may want to change her PIN to one her daughter doesn't know or can't guess.
                                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X