No announcement yet.

Trick or Treaters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had four trick or treaters. I gave out whole candy bars, trying to chum the waters for next year. A beekeeper and his honey bee little sister. A ghost. A zombie. That was it. I sat on the front porch and studied for my real estate final tonight. It was a nice evening.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• We only got about 15, which is about average for us. We live next to an apartment complex so you'd think there would be more. Maybe they go to the neighborhood across the street.

One thing I have noticed living here over the past couple of years is that there always seems to be 2 or 3 kids knocking on doors from 9:00 to 10:00. The first year we lived here we accidentally left our porch light on fairly late. We had a couple of kids trick or treat just before 10:00. It kind of bugged me but one of the parents was still in her server uniform and it occurred to me that they probably just got off work (unless they were dressing up as a Chili's server). I felt bad. Now I keep my porch on until I go to bed. Only two different trick or treaters came out late last night and both just jumped out of their parent's car to come up. I assume they just drove around hitting homes with porch lights still on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Love Almond Joy.
        Of course you do. You’re also 35 with a palate a few steps of refinement above your average 8 year old.

We had a huge neighborhood party/potluck in the far corner of the community from 5-6:30. It was entertaining to watch the out of community trick or treaters got from door to door without a single response for the last 30 minutes of the gig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
          Of course you do. You’re also 35 with a palate a few steps of refinement above your average 8 year old.

We had a huge neighborhood party/potluck in the far corner of the community from 5-6:30. It was entertaining to watch the out of community trick or treaters got from door to door without a single response for the last 30 minutes of the gig.
          Maybe 20 years ago.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I bought 240 candy bars and we have about 20 left. However 2 blocks away some friends had a little party and they gave out over 1000 pieces of candy. Their street was so crowded it was almost uncomfortable.

Also, Halloween should be the last Friday in October. Why can’t we find some politicians that want to focus on importnang things?
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
              I bought 240 candy bars and we have about 20 left. However 2 blocks away some friends had a little party and they gave out over 1000 pieces of candy. Their street was so crowded it was almost uncomfortable.

Also, Halloween should be the last Friday in October. Why can’t we find some politicians that want to focus on importnang things?
              This.

Sounds like a fun neighborhood.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post

Agreed. If they insist on keeping on the 31st then the kids should get Nov 1st off. The school district here has a Teachre development day every year around the beginning of November. This year is it fall on this Friday and the kids have Nov 3rd off of school. A little foresight and they could have had it on the 1st and avoided dealing with kids today after they stayed up way too late and ate 10 lbs of candy. And I'm just talking about he teachers there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                  Trick or treating in Manhattan is absolute insanity. If you want to go to the places where every building is giving out candy, it's like being in the pit at Lollapalooza. Eff that. We drove up to Sleepy Hollow our first year here and had such a great time, we have gone every year since. Point being we are one of those families that drives into a neighborhood to trick or treat. We found a great one that doesn't seem to be overrun by party crashers like us. They really do Halloween great. Most houses are decorated and the owners really enjoy putting on a show for the kids and handing out candy. Costumes are always great, too.
                  I don't mind it at all. Some are just kids from other nearby neighborhoods, but many of them come from rough neighborhoods where trick or treating probably isn't very fun or safe. Every year a handful of kids peer into our house with awe (our house is nice, but it's hardly worthy of awe--it's on the smaller side for our neighborhood and is very modestly decorated) as they hold out their candy bags at the door. I'm happy that they can come walk around a normal neighborhood and be a suburban kid for a night.

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                  Yes! Also Super Bowl Monday should be a holiday as well.
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                    I don't mind it at all. Some are just kids from other nearby neighborhoods, but many of them come from rough neighborhoods where trick or treating probably isn't very fun or safe. Every year a handful of kids peer into our house with awe (our house is nice, but it's hardly worthy of awe--it's on the smaller side for our neighborhood and is very modestly decorated) as they hold out their candy bags at the door. I'm happy that they can come walk around a normal neighborhood and be a suburban kid for a night.
                    I'm sure they are shocked at a what a pile of shit your house is compared to the rest of those in your neighborhood. They are thinking "how can human beings live like this?! Do I really want their candy?"
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• We had 2-3 kids - then my wife put the bowl of candy on the porch and left it there so we could leave for grandma's house.

Surprise, surprise, it was all gone when we got back. I'm guessing there were another 2-3 kids who came to take it.

Then a group of 3 kids rang the bell at 9:41pm. Seriously? 9:41? Go Home!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                        Yes! Also Super Bowl Monday should be a holiday as well.
                        DH for president!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• I didn't count but my wife says we had 27 "monster" kids

Comment

• My neighborhood is small and gated, so we didn't have a ton of kids, but we had several homes who dished out full sized candy bars. I'm going full HFN next year because it was awesome.
                            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                              My neighborhood is small and gated, so we didn't have a ton of kids, but we had several homes who dished out full sized candy bars. I'm going full HFN next year because it was awesome.
                              It's the best man. The look on kids faces is priceless. "You are awesome dude!" Heard that about 50 times.

We had a few kids come back twice. Didn't care.

Comment

• Trick or Treating is evil. You pagans are all going to hell!

Comment

Working...
                                X